Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1st Archery Turkey

Congrats!!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    And a tenth legion member has a thousand menstruations.
    Underated post...

The only people that have issues with decoys and blinds are those who have killed hundreds and expect you to do it their way. If you truly are being a bitch to protect the resource...then how about put your own guns up and quit killing them.

Congrats on your bow kill and YOUR accomplishment

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Killed them both ways with and without a blind. And it’s funny that 99% of those that bitch about using a blind while bow hunting have never killed a turkey with a bow and still use a Jake or strutter decoys which is a hell of a lot more of a crutch than a blind.
    wasnt picking on ya....just pointing out there's lots of ways to get it done.

I dont have the opportunity to sit chuffa patches in a double bull. I guess I'm glad I dont so I can stay on my high horse and belittle those that do it.... (joke)

its still an accomplishment and I bet the OP will take it to the next level (legion?) in the future. aint nothing wrong with any of it....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    Underated post...

The only people that have issues with decoys and blinds are those who have killed hundreds and expect you to do it their way.
    If anyone needs a good laugh today. Go look under some of Michael Waddell's latest posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Growing up in the upstate, we couldn’t hunt corn for deer like now. I’m curious how many anti blind\ decoy heros sit in a stand over a corn pile with a bow or rifle for that matter after watching a deer several days on a real-time camera change the time he shows up there to daylight hours? Not the same as fanning a turkey, and also legal, but an advantage none the less. And definitely different than getting your ass in the woods, finding sign, then hunting the wind. Feel free to check in here if you do and explain why one is ok and the other one is not. I’ll just listen.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    If anyone needs a good laugh today. Go look under some of Michael Waddell's latest posts.
    Fuck Waddell.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Fuck Waddell.
    Bingo
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Michael Waddell cares about content and money more than he does turkeys. Good for him. He has demonstrated through his extra marital activities what kind of person he is, and he applies that same set of morals and ethics to many things in his life. He has a platform to influence others, and he crawls all around behind a fan. It is legal, yes. There are a lot of legal things that aren’t right. It isn’t illegal to run off with your best friend’s wife, but it isn’t right.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Michael Waddell cares about content and money more than he does turkeys. Good for him. He has demonstrated through his extra marital activities what kind of person he is, and he applies that same set of morals and ethics to many things in his life. He has a platform to influence others, and he crawls all around behind a fan. It is legal, yes. There are a lot of legal things that aren’t right. It isn’t illegal to run off with your best friend’s wife, but it isn’t right.
    Sure because one is a sin and one is not. I don’t think that’s a very good comparison.

I don't know this dude from Adam but I'm curious how or why anyone on here would know or care that he cheated on his wife?

It’s pretty common knowledge in the hunting business that Waddell ran off with his best friend’s wife. I don’t give a shit about him, but I wish he would stop posting videos of himself crawling around behind a fan. It is unsavory

It’s pretty common knowledge in the hunting business that Waddell ran off with his best friend’s wife. I don’t give a shit about him, but I wish he would stop posting videos of himself crawling around behind a fan. It is unsavory
    Gotcha.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

My issue is , for a fella that once was a Competitive Turkey caller and Champ , why is he ambushing birds from behind a fan and not calling them to him like he once did??

Because reaping/ fanning is easier? Or higher percentage of success?? I think we know.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Sure because one is a sin and one is not. I don’t think that’s a very good comparison.
    Pretty good comparison imo, lack of integrity is usually across the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    My issue is , for a fella that once was a Competitive Turkey caller and Champ , why is he ambushing birds from behind a fan and not calling them to him like he once did??

Because reaping/ fanning is easier? Or higher percentage of success?? I think we know.
    My guess is for the YouTube / Social Media crowd that's what most want to see.

Who is the governing body that decides what is right and wrong in turkey hunting?
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

makes for good content i suppose.

how many turkeys have the tfc crew taken out of the population this year?

kind of like dave owens advocating for turkey stamps, when he kills an unproportionate amount of birds every year. kind of a do as i say, not as i do situation.

congrats on the bird winchester! that avatar cracks me up everytime i see it.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I guess my stance is you get 3 birds, why do people give a shit how others kill their birds? I don’t reap but don’t see a problem in people that do. I can imagine it’s a rush when you have a turkey pissed off and ready to whip your as at 10’. Turkey poets are some unique individuals. I don’t see anyone bitching over using deer decoys.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Who is the governing body that decides what is right and wrong in turkey hunting?
    TFC, obviously

Try not to embarrass yourself further
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...