Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vacuum sealers

Default Vacuum sealers

Point me in the direction of a good one and anything in general I need to know about them

Any reason fish wouldn’t do well being vacuum sealed? Seems like I may have heard something about that before but can’t remember for sure
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Depending on your budget, take a look at chamber sealers. You can seal liquids and the bags are much more affordable.

I do fish all the time in LEM vacuum chamber sealer. I don’t freeze bone in fish.

Bags run 5-12 cent a piece when you buy in bulk. Machines cost $1000 but can be had for $800 if LEM emails you a discount around Father’s Day or something. I’ve got 2 machines and no complaints after 4500 bags.

I had a Cabelas vacuum sealer before and it did a great job.

Cabelas Commercial for me, can’t remember if it’s 12” or 15”. Get as wide as you can afford. The cycle time means a lot. Get the quickest one you can afford as well. Mine will seal as fast as you can load bags. Waiting sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Food saver works well for me. Just dry off the fish before you try to vac and seal. The chamber sealers are the best but are much larger so not as easy to store. You can even vac/seal wet items like sauce or soup in a chamber easier. Mine is on the kitchen counter and we use it on a regular basis for meat, fish, cooked food, cheese, pizza, and everything we freeze or store for a long period in the frig. This is my second one as I wore one out. Best purchase I ever made. My next will be a chamber I think.

I have a LEM vacuum sealer and think it runs circles around food saver and I’ve had a food saver as well.

I was gifted a food saver after my in laws got tired of me using theirs. I’d buy another tomorrow. Ive had mine 3 years or so. No complaints from me. For those saying that X brand runs circles around FS. What exactly does it do better?
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

My LEM doesn’t have the cool down time in between bags. I can cut and seal 30 bags without pausing then stuff and vacuum seal them as well. Really the only difference but it’s nice

After looking at a few, it came down to Weston and Avid Armour. I ended up purcahsing the Avid on Amazon and couldn't be happier.

Mike

If you plan on using it for any amount of time go ahead and bite the bullet and get a good one. I went through two of the food saver cheapies before I got a good one. I researched and ended up with this'un. It's been great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pro Tip: If you have a teenage son and he likes the idea of the sucking action, at least make sure he knows where the release valve is.

What I hate most is making the bags. I have to cut every single bag, then seal one end. Id like to be able to pull out the length of bag I want, seal then cut it. Any of them have that option?

I have a food saver one like this one. Its been working fine for 2 years now. Like was said above, make sure you pat anything dry before sealing.

Screenshot 2022-04-19 084739.png

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    What I hate most is making the bags. I have to cut every single bag, then seal one end. Id like to be able to pull out the length of bag I want, seal then cut it. Any of them have that option?
    Buy the premade bags man. Available about anywhere online. They are more expensive than the chamber style as one side has to be textured grid for the machine to be able to extract the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Buy the premade bags man. Available about anywhere online. They are more expensive than the chamber style as one side has to be textured grid for the machine to be able to extract the air.
    Im too cheap. I use the rolls for different size bags.

I have a LEM chamber vac that I bought for my chicken processing. It was expensive but well worth it. Wish I had bought it years ago instead of dealing with crappy vacuum seal products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    Pro Tip: If you have a teenage son and he likes the idea of the sucking action, at least make sure he knows where the release valve is.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

For the money FOOD SAVER
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    I have a LEM chamber vac that I bought for my chicken processing. It was expensive but well worth it. Wish I had bought it years ago instead of dealing with crappy vacuum seal products.

Nice unit. Been looking Weston has a nice one about $850 and seen some as low as $416. Tope units seems $850 to $1100.

It is a $1000 unit just about everywhere. Once in a while you can find it on Costco’s online store for $650, with free shipping. (It weighs around 80 lbs.)