Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uh-Oh. This is bad.

DEF is injected downstream of combustion

Default Uh-Oh. This is bad.

Why can’t you just fill the DEF tank with water, or piss, or any liquid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Johnny Reb; 04-19-2022 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Samurai or Claymore?
    Tooth strikes me as a Cutlass kind of guy. A real pirate.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Samurai or Claymore?
    Pork

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Time to change practices.

I've looked into that, especially with how sandy a couple of my fields are. However the thing that is holding me back is the initial equipment buy in. No-Till drills are ridiculously expensive, then you have the roll crimper which also isn't free. It would be easier to justify if you didn't have everything for conventional planting already. However if chemical and fertilizer prices continue to go up, it does look more attractive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Gonna try a version of this I guess. Gonna plant buckwheat let it grow and then kill it, throw the seed out and then run it over. I am gonna throw out some brown top to help shade out some weeds between now and when I plan on planting the buckwheat.... Only picked brown top because its cheap and grows fast and pretty much any place. No heavy equipment and little spraying. Heck I will do it all with a lawn mower and a side by side.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    I've looked into that, especially with how sandy a couple of my fields are. However the thing that is holding me back is the initial equipment buy in. No-Till drills are ridiculously expensive, then you have the roll crimper which also isn't free. It would be easier to justify if you didn't have everything for conventional planting already. However if chemical and fertilizer prices continue to go up, it does look more attractive.
    I obviously have no experience with large scale commercial ag but from what I've read and watch while digging into this is that the pay off comes from one to two pass planting (drill then crimp or put the crimper on the front and drill on the back for one pass) and the cost savings on time, diesel fuel and fertilizer.
    Last edited by Glenn; 04-19-2022 at 08:47 AM.

I planted buckwheat last spring to keep weeds out over the summer and it worked fairly well but I disced them in 2 weeks before fall plot went in. I just finished planting buckwheat and crimson clover and I'll disc it in before fall plot again. Discing the clover in is supposed to add nitrogen to the soil. I would like to go no till but can't justify the cost for something that gets used twice a year.
    Last edited by Huntinjunkie; 04-19-2022 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    I planted buckwheat last spring to keep weeds out over the summer and it worked fairly well but I disced them in 2 weeks before fall plot went in. I just finished planting buckwheat and crimson clover and I'll disc it in before fall plot again. Discing the clover in is supposed to add nitrogen to the soil. I would like to go no till but can't justify the cost for something that gets used twice a year.
    Yeah I am just going to throw the seed out then cover it with the buckwheat. I will throw in a rotation of clover this fall and start doing a rotation of brown top and clover, later in the summer buckwheat, then whatever I want for the food plot. No till and no heavy equipment. Now plan is to throw out fertilizer when I throw out seeds and will also plan on spraying the buckwheat before running it over to cover the seed but I have already purchased the spray.
    Last edited by darealdeal; 04-19-2022 at 08:59 AM.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

we no till all of our corn wheat and bean land. input costs may have been high but we are putting out 1/3 of the chicken litter others are having to put out, and haven’t had to put lime, phosphate, or potassium in 10 years. cover crops are the way to go.

people need to start paying attention to that type of farming, D. with costs going up like they are, I bet many will---SOON
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Potash

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    people need to start paying attention to that type of farming, D. with costs going up like they are, I bet many will---SOON
    Media has caught up to the diesel shortage. Soon is getting sooner?

Diesel Shortage Will Hit These Seven States the Hardest
    BY GIULIA CARBONARO ON 11/3/22 AT 5:25 AM EDT

Diesel inventories in the U.S. have not been so low since 2008, with the Energy Information Administration (EIA) reporting that, as of October 14, the country had 25.4 days left of distillate supplies—which include diesel, jet fuel and heating oil.

The supply crunch is particularly severe in the East Coast, according to analysts who previously talked to Newsweek.

Mansfield Energy, a major fuel supply and logistics company based in Georgia and operating in every U.S. state, wrote in a recent news release that the "East Coast fuel markets are facing diesel supply constraints due to market economics and tight inventories."

According to the fuel supply company, extremely high diesel prices—which have surged due to low inventories combined with high demand—are concentrated in the North East, while supply outages are currently hitting the Southeast.

These shortages, write Mansfield Energy, are due to a combination of "poor pipeline shipping economics and historically low diesel inventories."

Mansfield Energy identified the most acute shortages to be in these seven states:

Alabama
    Georgia
    Maryland
    North Carolina
    South Carolina
    Tennessee
    Virginia

These seven states have been given an Alert Level 4 by the fuel supply company "to address market volatility," while the entire Southeast was moved to Code Red, which requires a 72-hour notice for fuel deliveries when possible "to ensure fuel and freight can be secured at economical levels."

"Normally, East Coast markets would have about 50 million barrels of supply in storage throughout the market—and sometimes much more," wrote Mansfield Energy in a news release published on October 27.

"This year, however, the East has less than 25 million barrels on hand. That means that when bulk traders go to pull their inventories, they may not find much left in the tank. For East Coast fleets, then—now is the critical time to make sure your supplier has a plan for the winter to keep your equipment running. Outside the East Coast, markets could face some challenges, but most of the biggest issues will be concentrated eastward."

The company wrote that it expects shortages to be "painful at the macro level," raising diesel prices to a point which will make demand drop and hopefully offer some relief to low inventories, but doesn't believe that there will be a nationwide lack of diesel.

"That's not to say there won't occasionally be situations where there is a true physical lack of products. Some cities might run dry on diesel for a few days, at least at the terminal level. But the fuel supply chain is dynamic, and suppliers will rally to fill in any gaps in supply," the company said.

But Patrick De Haan, GasBuddy's head of petroleum analysis, told Newsweek he would be more cautious before saying outages are incoming.

"It's very touch and go—I do not yet believe widespread outages are imminent," he said.

"A few retailers here and there may have temporary delays. A lot of 'bending' is going on behind the scenes, there are significant challenges, primarily in the Northeast. But I don't expect it to be anywhere near to the Colonial Pipeline outage in 2021. But definitely something to keep an eye on."

https://www.newsweek.com/diesel-shor...energy-1756300

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trucki...lves-situation

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier...h=626349324064

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/30/dies...s-dwindle.html