Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Twenty-Dolphin Days?

Default Twenty-Dolphin Days?

Do they even still exist? I can remember stuffing boxes full of *mahi* not too long ago. Seems like those days are numbered, if not gone already. Truth or my perception?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

You mean dorado?

I don't go often...maybe once a year or maybe not at all. Few years back we did put 60 in the box. That was a dang fun day.

B4811019-9B49-499B-B4BE-1898701CCBB1.jpg

Happens all the time. Happened multiple times this weekend.

We see them pretty regularly still. If we put 20 in the box, that's as many as I want to clean anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    We see them pretty regularly still. If we put 20 in the box, that's as many as I want to clean anyway.
    same

Glad to hear it, y'all. I'm so ready to hear a peeling drag I'm goin' crazy.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    I don't want to clean 20, then again I've never considered them to be all that great to eat. Last big catch we had was 30 with the smallest being about 10# and biggest around 30#, that was a PITA. Heck, I cut the boat limit off on 35 triggers, no desire to clean any more than that on those either.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Glad to hear it, y'all. I'm so ready to hear a peeling drag I'm goin' crazy.
    Come to the house, we'll snap one of the boys in by his belt loop and let him take off running down the driveway.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Yes.

If SAMFC has anything to do with it, they will be cutting those days out in the future though.

The better question is when are we going to get some freedom on keeping 20 ARS.

I don't get to fish often anymore but last year I think our best day was 22-23 dolphin. I don't mind cleaning fish and I'm good at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    I'd settle for 2 per person or a 5 per boat. Even better would be tags you can purchase or given like deer and turkey tags with the option to buy more. But the real answer to your question is never. Then after the ARS have eaten every BSB they'll cut those out too.

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    Yes.

If SAMFC has anything to do with it, they will be cutting those days out in the future though.

What are you, a crazy person? Them things is endangered. Even though we regularly catch 'em on chicken rigs trying to get to the bottom for fish we're allowed to keep...

Caught these on a daisy chain. FD49AE66-8DAA-4CF8-A1D5-D4DAE24FB813.jpg
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Whatever happened with your boat, DT? You fished it yet?

Fished Monday. Nice day. Caught 7.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Head up to the outer banks next month. The docks will be paved with 60 fish boat limits of 22 inchers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did it a couple years ago… very fun day for sure. It seems more to me the days we’ve been able to fish have gotten fewer and fewer due to the wind… or maybe I’m just getting old and tired…

We are waiting for the grown ones to push thru mid to late May.
    One of my favorite eating fish, along with Cobia and Grouper

Quote Originally Posted by flopduster View Post
    Head up to the outer banks next month. The docks will be paved with 60 fish boat limits of 22 inchers.

No shit. “Bailing” dolphin is the offshore equivalent of a cane pole bridge fisher with a bucket full of “sweet bream.”

Bailers and Schoolie fisherman should be embarrassed.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.