Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HVAC folks

Default HVAC folks

Not sure where to put this, but this seems as good as any other.

What's a ballpark price to replace a two ton unit at a residence? Say a 15 seer unit?

No clue but when I replaced mine for 1500 sq ft house 12 years ago it was 12k. Can’t imagine it would be less now.
    Last edited by CofC Waterfowler; 07-27-2022 at 04:06 PM.

New ducts or nah?

New air handler or nah?

Vague question.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Split or package unit?

Location?

I just had a 2 ton and 3 ton unit and all duct work for a new construction for $12,500. 14 seer. We were thinking about going with a 16 seer but the HVAC guys I talked with said the unit will be worn out before you get your money back from the savings. They also said that the units with the variable speed fans have more parts therefore more things to break.

Quote Originally Posted by duckchoppin View Post
    I just had a 2 ton and 3 ton unit and all duct work for a new construction for $12,500. 14 seer. We were thinking about going with a 16 seer but the HVAC guys I talked with said the unit will be worn out before you get your money back from the savings. They also said that the units with the variable speed fans have more parts therefore more things to break.
    You got good advice. I made the same decision on my new construction house.

Prices go up 2023 as 14 seer will not be an option for SC.

I was quoted several options. I was thinking no new ductwork, split unit.

Goodman unit online is about $3,800 wi to 10 year parts warranty.

I just got mine replaced about 2 months ago. 2 1/2 ton split unit with a new trunk line. New line set, 2 pumps in the pan, a little over $9k.

Just got a quote 14 seer Goodman no ductwork $6900

Those $9k and $7k quotes are for the condensing unit only, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Chasbeau1 View Post
    Those $9k and $7k quotes are for the condensing unit only, correct?
    Nope. Complete job. They took out my old condenser and air handler (1 1/2 ton) and replaced with whole new 2 1/2 ton unit. Took air handler out of closet and installed new 1 in attic. Had to add a 20’ trunk line.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    No clue but when I replaced mine for 1500 sq ft house 12 years ago it was 12k. Can’t imagine it would be less now.
    I believe someone took you to the cleaners unless there was a lot more work than you’re describing

Could be true. I went with someone recommended and didn’t ask around. I can’t remember what I got. I just remember the house size.

DAMN Replace split system w/ all new air handler and new burner tubes and ext with all duct work fixed and sealed for less that 7K coming up on 3 year ago. These people get it Wilson's in Pomeria Just saying Also out of CAE. Don't know your location but these people travel PM if you need a #
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I pulled the old invoice. I paid 8k. I am sorry for the confusion. I can barely remember what I had for lunch yesterday much less things from 12 years ago. I remember Obammy gave me a energy tax credit and a first time home buyer credit. I got them mixed up in relation to the bill. I thought the bill was just above the credit received. That was true but I got them mixed up.

Unfortunately I might be able to give you a very accurate guess on this. Our unit stopped working last night, not sure what's wrong yet but the HVAC guy will be here between 1-3 pm. Hoping for the best obviously but if we end up having to replace the whole unit I'll let you know what it costs.

So momma’s ready to pop and the AC went out…..sucks to be you, brother

lol no kidding, I feel bad for her. I work from home and am up here in my office sweating but at least I'm not toting an extra 20 pounds. I just hope we get it fixed before that baby gets here, last thing my wife needs is a baby attached to her with no AC during a string of 90+ degree days.