Thread: Georgetown Inshore Charters?

Default Georgetown Inshore Charters?

Think I'm gonna charter a couple of times with some local captains in an effort to figure things out down there. Any recommendations?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Pee Dee said Georgetown Coastal Adventures is about as good as they come. They even gave him a preferred parking spot at the Ferry.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 04-18-2022 at 09:22 AM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

In no particular order
    Jay Nelson
    Douglas Miller
    Robert Mcarly
    Jordan Pate
    Glenn Wilson (not sure if he’s running charters anymore)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Default Georgetown Inshore Charters?

Also I don’t recommend doing what you are talking about doing. And damn sure do not tell any of those boys why you are chartering them!!!

My recommendation is get out there…hit some sand bars/oyster beds and learn it for yourself. It will go over much better with the locals.

Last edited by Quackhead22; 04-18-2022 at 09:41 AM.
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

More Ducks, Less People

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    Also I don’t recommend doing what you are talking about doing. And damn sure do not tell any of those boys why you are chartering them!!!

I’d be up front on the intentions. Nothing wrong with cutting the learning curve on the how and why factors.

Slow y'all's roll; I ain't no dang poacher; I wanna learn generalities about the water down there, not steal honey-holes. I don't roll like that.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Slow y'all's roll; I ain't no dang poacher; I wanna learn generalities about the water down there, not steal honey-holes. I don't roll like that.
    That’s fair. I just know most of those boys I named don’t like people coming on their boats just to try and learn secrets and what not. But most if not all would be happy to take you and show you the basics and give you an general overview of the area.

Listen to these know-it-alls, BB. It would be exceedingly bad form to act like you're taking a leak over the side, while you're secretly keying in the coordinates.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    In no particular order
    Jay Nelson
    Douglas Miller
    Robert Mcarly
    Jordan Pate
    Glenn Wilson (not sure if he’s running charters anymore)

Add:

Robert Mayer
    Fred Rourk
    Wayne Hardee
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

So, pulling out a handheld gps while on a charter is a no go?

Asking for a friend.

BB-

Depending on what your are looking to do, there's others that may not be on the list that are great as well. Any of the above will refer you to a specific guide based on what you are looking to learn, accomplish, etc.. with each charter.

Some guys take you to the rocks, some fly fish, some live bait, some AI.

Tarpon season starts in June, so some will be more apt than others to chase.

Learning how to manage the tide and knowing where and when will come with patience and time on the water.
    Double Secret Probation Officer

You got a Hells Bay to go with that Freeman? I'll show ya around!

Seriously though, if you got a boat I'd be happy to show you around or you're welcome to ride with me sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Hes got a chittum on order....

Any of those guys would be great. You can ask, some of them will run your boat for you....

BB--once you get it figured out, gimme a call.

and watch out for GC. he'll blame the inadvertent touching on the waves and some silly brain tumor....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.