Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How would you have reacted?

I carry daily. Not to be a hero or anything. I would probably do very poorly in that type scenario.

But… I carry so that I have the option. If I am faced with someone else’s deadly force blocking me and my family from getting the hell out of there I don’t have to sit back and accept the fate someone else is trying to decide for me. Doesn’t make me invincible, doesn’t guarantee me a damn thing. But I want the option to be able to fight back somewhat proportionately and not let someone else have all the power in the situation.

There are some seriously tough sumbitches in here. That one guy talking about a plan a, b, and c is some kind of deep thinker. I’m impressed. You all should have been navy seals.

Sometimes the "tough guys" lock up and become sheep when things get real; and sometimes the meek become wolves in the very same situation. Never know til it actually happens.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

I still don't believe anyone in here can say what they would or wouldn't do. (Other than run and try to take cover or get out of building)

Having a plan or thinking up a plan spur of the moment are far fetched when it is life or death. Now once you have made it to cover then you can possibly get a plan(s) but at the sound of gun shots not to mention being injured even law enforcement will run for cover and then try and get a handle on situation.

Nobody is going to hear gun shots (unless they are in distance) draw gun and stop the situation immediately unless they are seeing it unfold from the beginning. (Then there MIGHT be a chance)

We are talking in a mall where there were probably 1000 people running for their life. So unless you are right beside shooter you don't have a shot to take without putting someone else in danger. ( Even at point blank range with that many people and all the chaos odds are not in your favor to take shot either)

One thing I have learned is there are a few people that I don't want to be around if this situation ever arises.

Cover for family first then use the fing back door. If you have to fire and they are hit or DUCK retreat. It is a defensive situation.

In your house or property retreat to attain higher firepower.

A shotgun, pistol caliber carbine, or semi rifle gives a force multiplier.

Don’t fight fair.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

From Cajun......"I carry in my local credit union even after they got "woke" and posted their branches with the appropriate no CWP sign two months ago."

That comes with the open carry law. If you do not want someone to open carry in your business, you put up the old no concealed carry sign. EXCEPT it does not have to be in a uniform spot or size as the original concealed carry laws required.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

A caveat to many businesses that I see with the "no conceal carry" sign is that most don't meet the requirements of the law. (8 x 12 size is BIG) A small 6x6 inch gun sticker is merely a suggestion in my opinion.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill