Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (Low-Carb) Offshore Eats?

Default (Low-Carb) Offshore Eats?

I'm down like 40# over the last couple of months and don't wanna start going backwards. Standard offshore cuisine for me has always been fried chicken or sandwiches, both of which contain a ton of carbs. Gimme some alternative low-carb ideas for being on the water all day.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Venison jerky, fruit, water, hard boiled eggs. You can always take a bag with ceviche mix and donate a fish to that.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 04-15-2022 at 06:49 AM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

40 pounds in two months? Must be doing something right nice work!

No kidding! I could lose 20, what did you do?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Low carb breakfast tortillas filled with eggs,sausage,bell peppers,and onions with a side of salsa

Hardcore low-carb, homies. And walking an average of 7-10 miles a day.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

We either make a wrap, roll the deli meat in a piece of lettuce or just do a meat and cheese roll up.

Of course the bread is the least of my worries….the Natty’s are what hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Venison jerky, fruit, water, hard boiled eggs. You can always take a bag with ceviche mix and donate a fish to that.
    The ceviche idea is fire, as are the boiled eggs. And it's probably been two years since we last fished together with Wes, and I still remember that venison jerky you brought along. Good stuff.

That was hurtful, Ralph.

Hard boiled eggs in a Ziploc bag already doused with salt and pepper maybe some hot sauce, chicken wings, pickled okra is a staple.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Soft boiled eggs beat hard boiled eggs all day
    Last edited by Coot_Commander; 04-15-2022 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Hard boiled eggs in a Ziploc bag already doused with salt and pepper maybe some hot sauce, chicken wings, pickled okra is a staple.
    Sounds like a good way to have brown splatter on the outside of the downwind side of the boat.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I always made a point for offshore trips to pack food that I wouldn't mind giving up forever. I can't count the number of times I've been caught in rough weather and been deathly sea sick. It never stopped me from going the next time but whatever food I rejected never tasted the same again.

Congrats. 40lbs is a lot. So is 10 miles a day. You must have a lot more free time than I do. Lol. I’m lucky to find an hour in the early morning hours to workout.

Are you on a full blown keto diet? Not filling but pork rinds are virtually no carbs if your looking for a crunchy snack. Almonds. Meat and cheese. When I did the Leto diet I was surprised at how many veggies you cant eat. It’s really a limited diet.

Bacon, Viennas, pork rinds, boiled eggs. Been on carnivore for a month down 21lbs and feel like I’m 21 not 31.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Have you tried mashin' ctrl/alt/del?

I'd keep my routine for with what you know hasn't been a problem with getting sick and leave the dieting for the other 350 days a year. I would only eat enough to get me by out there anyway.

No low carb suggestion, but if I am on a boat for a while, I try to eat fruit (pineapple, oranges, bananas). Ceviche is always good. Salami or square ham wrapped around cheese sticks.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Pork skins
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Take a grill, put it in a forward rod holder, and cook fish.