Thread: koi pond...

Default koi pond...

So my son has a koi pond (150 gallons) that houses two bream, a bass and some mosquito fish. You guys know of any way to clear up the algae without killing the fish? Outside of pumping most of the water out and filling it back up. He's got two young lilypad plants in there but they're not big enough to help out yet. It's got a pump that feeds a small waterfall but it's not a filter per say.
    Last edited by Drakey; 04-12-2022 at 11:45 AM.

There is a black light system that you can pump water through that should be able to clear it up. It has been years since i messed with them, but they worked good back then.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Quote Originally Posted by dmatheny21 View Post
    There is a black light system that you can pump water through that should be able to clear it up. It has been years since i messed with them, but they worked good back then.
    UV light, not black light.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

rotten square bale of barley straw. maybe wrap a cast net around it so it dont get everywhere and drop it in a corner