Thread: Finishing up the season

Default Finishing up the season

I have to admit, I think I enjoy this as his boat captain as much as he does as the angler. He has gotten consistent catching fish now just have to work on catching a bigger bag. He is convinced he wants to do this long term so I am going to encourage him as long as he is willing to strive for it. One more year of middle school then on to the high school division.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice!! And you are correct... Keep encouraging!!! No telling what I might doing if I had the encouragement to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Nice!! And you are correct... Keep encouraging!!! No telling what I might doing if I had the encouragement to do so.
    He is all in. Working on his boaters license now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BW, definitely keep encouraging it, he seems to have a passion for it. That is exactly the way Brandon got started, he got his boaters license as soon as he could, and spent every minute he could on the water-any body of water. He had me, his mom, grand parents,etc. taking him to the lake to put the boat in as often as possible. Your son also looks like he has a great knack for social media which is huge now. I always told my wife I would rather see him fishing than doing some of the other things kids their age could get into.

Good stuff Bobby.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

There's a whole lot of worse things that kids could be doing instead of hunting and fishing.....

Thanks fellas.

Looks like he is catching good fish, where did he finish the season. Are the school fishing teams affiliated with BASS or FLW. Wish I had had that available in jr high.

Tell him to keep up the good work
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    Looks like he is catching good fish, where did he finish the season. Are the school fishing teams affiliated with BASS or FLW. Wish I had had that available in jr high.
    BASS. He and his partner finished middle of the pack. He caught some decent ones but need to target largemouth to have a shot at winning one

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    BASS. He and his partner finished middle of the pack. He caught some decent ones but need to target largemouth to have a shot at winning one

I agree, need Largemouth to place in most of our lowland res. Good luck, hope he stays after it

Definitely keep stroking that fire! There's a young boy in Alabama with that same fire that won something like $85,000 as an 8th grader fishing bass tourneys! They are truly the future of the sport! Good on you for encouraging it! Also plenty of colleges out there now recruiting for their bass fishing teams!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL