Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    That's just the pliers, rookie. Accurate and Alutecnos's where it's at.
    The pliers are overated. But my VS250X is a workhorse. It is also 15 years old and a pre-Pure Fishing brand model.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Was just giving BB a hard time. Those reels are indeed beasts. But holy crap, they're expensive.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    Well, how many mahi mahi's were slayed? My dumb ass stayed home, cut grass and stared at the buoy looking pretty nice all day.
    Bunch of fair weather fisherman anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    I won't deny, I now fall in that category. Several years of wahoo tournaments broke me out of that crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Please elaborate?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

IMG_20200406_065714400.jpg20210405_184001.jpg

ETA: And agree on the Van Staals....I own Van Stalls and Donnmars, but yet I prefer the Danco Premios.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 04-18-2022 at 11:40 AM.

Rookies, Home Depot warranties Huskies for life, use, abuse, rust out and return for new. If they go overboard, you’re out $8.00.

Reels, my Accurates are the best I’ve ever owned.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post

ETA: And agree on the Van Staals....I own Van Stalls and Donnmars, but yet I prefer the Danco Premios.
    I like them but have had to bend my danco premios back into shape too much. Headed for a different machined pair soon.

If I had Barts Freeman, I would have definitely been out there. I do still need to change my outrigger clips though. The Rupps roller ones are a pain in the ass. They are either so tight they'll either about pull the outrigger off or so loose you couldn't pull a bare hook from them and no in between.

WTF? I didn't know what a Van Staal was so I looked it up. I've been known to spend money on some dumb shit, and I don't make a habit of judging other people for how they spend their own money, but holy shit. $380 for a pair of fucking pliers? I'm sorry, but that's fucking stupid......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

If I had Barts Freeman, I would have definitely been out there. I do still need to change my outrigger clips though. The Rupps roller ones are a pain in the ass. They are either so tight they'll either about pull the outrigger off or so loose you couldn't pull a bare hook from them and no in between.
    Once you go Black, you never go back....

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    WTF? I didn't know what a Van Staal was so I looked it up. I've been known to spend money on some dumb shit, and I don't make a habit of judging other people for how they spend their own money, but holy shit. $380 for a pair of fucking pliers? I'm sorry, but that's fucking stupid......
    Keep slumming with Bobby in the War Eagle haha
    Last edited by white quacker; 04-18-2022 at 12:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

Quote Originally Posted by white quacker View Post
    Keep slumming with Bobby in the War Eagle :bigsmile:
    Please tell me you don't own a $380 pair of fishin pliers.....
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Please tell me you don't own a $380 pair of fishin pliers.....
    I got 3 pairs, but I don’t actually fish….. I just like to talk with the offshore crowd
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

I got 3 pairs, but I don’t actually fish….. I just like to talk with the offshore crowd
    That checks out, should've said so to begin with.....

Keep slumming with Bobby in the War Eagle haha
    Hell, I bought one of my pairs of VS' from Bobby....don't let him fool you!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Please elaborate?
    Y’all stayed on the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    I won't deny, I now fall in that category. Several years of wahoo tournaments broke me out of that crap.
    I turkey hunted, waxed on the bay boat and fished on the lake till dark. I could’ve fished offshore last minute but the boys were home from Clemson and I wanted to fish with them. I’m looking for a reason to inshore fish nowadays, damn taking an ass whooping..

My other fishing buddy can assist you with all that. Holler at 'im:

https://www.marshtackycarbon.com/

[QUOTE=Whackumstackum;2976442]Y’all stayed on the hill.

4-5's @ 4 seconds? Guilty as charged.
    Last edited by Black Bart; 04-18-2022 at 01:46 PM.

Is that a Reg, Fishsticker?