Thread: Fishing tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Brother's first offshore trip and fish. Good day on the ocean:

Attachment 74722

Attachment 74723
    How's your brother's lawsuit coming?

Him suing those legs for non support?

You're a little "fuller" than him...
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 05-13-2022 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Will be looking Cobia on Tuesday and Wednesday up around Morehead.
    One of my favorite things to look for and grill
    Nice. Them things fight like donkeys; they strong as hail. And very good to eat. What do y'all fish, eels (actual or artificial)?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    How's your brother's lawsuit coming?

Him suing those legs for non support?

You're a little "fuller" than him...
    He's actually like 210#, but yeah, he looks like an actual African American for sure. And yes, I you're right about my fullness; I prefer the term, "husky".
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

He's actually like 210#, but yeah, he looks like an actual African American for sure. And yes, I you're right about my fullness; I prefer the term, "husky".
    Gotcha... husky it is.

And 210# means nothing when you're 6'5" plus...

Nice. Them things fight like donkeys; they strong as hail. And very good to eat. What do y'all fish, eels (actual or artificial)?
    I will toss the net and fill the livewell with large menhaden.
    Three rods will be out, one on bottom, one suspended and one free lined on top.
    I will have two Penn 6500 spinning rods on standby with Meathog Cobia Jigs (the worlds best cobia artificial and made on outerbanks NC)
    Will be on the beach right outside the inlet, using trolling motor to stay next to schools of bait.
    Hoping this wind that has been blowing for a week lays down, there is also an AR about a mile off the beach that usually holds a few every mid-may
    Last edited by ecu1984; 05-13-2022 at 04:16 PM.

Hoping this wind that has been blowing for a week lays down
    Fly trips have been fun this week, dodging back casts like the matrix.

I will have two Penn 6500 spinning rods on standby with Meathog Cobia Jigs (the worlds best cobia artificial and made on outerbanks NC)
    Will be on the beach right outside the inlet, using trolling motor to stay next to schools of bait.
    Hoping this wind that has been blowing for a week lays down, there is also an AR about a mile off the beach that usually holds a few every mid-may
    That’s how I do it too. I’ll throw a chum block in my splashwell and slow cruise around til I see the fish. Then I’ll freeline a menhaden to them
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    That’s how I do it too. I’ll throw a chum block in my splashwell and slow cruise around til I see the fish. Then I’ll freeline a menhaden to them
    I have two chum blocks in the freezer that will go in a 5 gallon bucket with a lid on it,
    I drilled a bunch of holes in the bucket, the sharks tear up the chum bags so I switched to bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Get some tomtates, they’ll turn their nose up at a menhaden sometimes but never a tomtate, cobia Candy.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Get by catch off of shrimp boat. Put it in a 5 gallon bucket with some Manhattan milk and crabs. Chop it up with an edging hoe. You can freeze it in 2 gallon buckets and drill holes in it and let it seep out or ladle it out every so often.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Fat girls come over the side?
    Ha! It's about that time ain't it?
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

The day started off as a shit show, but we straightened it out and started filling the box. Out of ballyhoo at 10:30 and started pulling strips of belly meat. Called it at 12:30 when half of Charleston showed up.
    DDC6C194-EA5A-4EA0-B4A2-F3717828E47C.jpg
    7D4A6245-AC8C-4CBB-B3FA-29BB06071B75.jpg
    1AAE4B3D-63A7-4EDF-A384-82920A4A2EA3.jpg
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

I swear y'all got the dolphin mojo dialed-in. We started about 80 miles offshore and picked at the dolphin. Moved inshore and caught several legit 4# b-liners and several nice triggers in like 160' of water. Ran back in at 55mph. Pretty ocean.

ECU, how was the cobia bite?

We picked up a dozen dolphin on Sunday as well, got lucky with a triple hookup and got one to eat a pitch bait as he followed another one to the boat. I havent had a tuna or a wahoo bite in a month, and still really haven't dialed in the dolphin. Been a weird season so far. Pushing out again tomorrow about 4:30 from Charleston, hope to stay on em.

Black Bart, to be clear, they were 5# bliners. Put one on the digital scale last night. 5lbs 13.6oz. Sent you a pic. Largest vermillion that I have ever seen.

Damn big beeliner! State record is 6-10.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"