Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Fishing tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
    Black Bart, to be clear, they were 5# bliners. Put one on the digital scale last night. 5lbs 13.6oz. Sent you a pic. Largest vermillion that I have ever seen.
    Grown!

That 37 looks good with the tower.

Black Bart, to be clear, they were 5# bliners. Put one on the digital scale last night. 5lbs 13.6oz. Sent you a pic. Largest vermillion that I have ever seen.
    3741F748-1044-42B1-B43E-5A8CE2F45F81.jpg
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

And the tape measurer... Dammit, do I have to teach you how to do a report?

Saw yall out there Sun, boat looks fresh and mean.

Not far off the record there.
    Last edited by scdiver; 05-17-2022 at 07:50 PM.

And the tape measurer... Dammit, do I have to teach you how to do a report?
    Resized-20220516-232154.jpg
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Amazing how a camera shrinks a fish but adds 10 pounds to me every time I take a picture.

Damn what a b-liner! I shoulda took the bottom gear Sunday, had hundreds of queen triggers under the boat at one point.

I like the 12" ones, gutted, scaled and fried whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    Saw yall out there Sun, boat looks fresh and mean.

Not far off the record there.
    Thanks! Loving the new rig...

We had a monster b liner like that the other day.
    Didn’t measure him but I’d guess around 20 inches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Weekend roll call. We're hoping for Sunday.

Dolphin Slam is unfishable again.

I’m going cobia fishing.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    We found them like that Wednesday. Huge B-liners, dinner plate triggers and I had an 18.3# scamp and a 11.4# scamp. Had a hook break right at the boat on a cobia too.

05-18-2022.jpg
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 05-20-2022 at 10:13 AM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

You did not find them like that Wednesday. Those bliners are half the size of the ones we have caught. I've literally seen tens of thousands of them in my life (remember I dive too). These were the biggest 5 that I have ever seen. Most "footballs" around here are probably in the 3lb range. These were almost 6 lbs.

So, think about what a 6lb bass looks like. Most of you country boys know how big a 6lb bass is. Now, color that bass red. That's what we got. I look at your table and I don't see any bliners close to that.
    Last edited by jasonw; 05-20-2022 at 10:57 PM.

Sunday was not unfishable. Just had to pick your angle on the way out. Ocean laid out nice around 0730
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

rad

where's my filets?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Sunday was not unfishable. Just had to pick your angle on the way out. Ocean laid out nice around 0730
    Ended up being pretty nice out there. We hit a pretty interesting squall around 2:30 or so. Had to be 40mph winds. Ocean turned white with caps, but we punched out of it pretty quickly before it got too hairy. Last 10-15 miles was just standard chop.

I look at your table and I don't see any bliners close to that.
    That’s because none of em are anywhere near that.

Most folks around know how big the cleaning station is at Georgetown Landing.

You did not find them like that Wednesday. Those bliners are half the size of the ones we have caught. I've literally seen tens of thousands of them in my life (remember I dive too). These were the biggest 5 that I have ever seen. Most "footballs" around here are probably in the 3lb range. These were almost 6 lbs.

So, think about what a 6lb bass looks like. Most of you country boys know how big a 6lb bass is. Now, color that bass red. That's what we got. I look at your table and I don't see any bliners close to that.
    There’s 3 or 4 that are 20”, not all of them, I’m not a photographer. Sorry I didn’t break out the tape and scale for a B-liner, my bad. I just filet them and throw them in a pile.

I was more concerned getting the Scamp in the pic. Of course Bog’ll tell me it was barely legal and weighed 5#.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Still a nice haul of fish. I'm not diminishing that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    rad

where's my filets?
    He doesn’t have enough to give away…
    AC073AD1-D727-42ED-9505-58EEAD6234F0.jpg