Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 142

Thread: Fishing tomorrow

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ballard's Landing
    Posts
    14,861

    Default Fishing tomorrow

    Anyone else running out?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    coast
    Posts
    387

    Default

    we are

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Murrells Inlet
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Would like to but Marlin Quay and Crazy Sister pumps are down/waiting on fuel.

    Running down some options. If not, inshore or chase a turkey.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Edisto/Camdenshire
    Posts
    7,655

    Default

    Kinda want to. Was supposed to go last Monday but didn't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    2,024

    Default

    I believe so


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    2,024

    Default

    Update: did not catch a damn thing high speed trolling. I think 70 boats declared a fish day in wahoo series and when I looked yesterday only 15 fish were weighed. First time for me not catching atleast a fish or two high speeding.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hack Swamp
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    5744F0B4-128A-4132-A412-FB8557811C90.jpg

    It was a parking lot out there. We caught a box full of blackfins and had one presumed wahoo cutoff.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    2,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    5744F0B4-128A-4132-A412-FB8557811C90.jpg

    It was a parking lot out there. We caught a box full of blackfins and had one presumed wahoo cutoff.
    Were yall straight out or N of chas harbor? We were a bit South and only had a handful of boats around at any given time. Glad yall put something in the box!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post

    It was a parking lot out there. We caught a box full of blackfins and had one presumed wahoo cutoff.

    Blackfin doesn't freeze well, ya know. So if you've got more than you can handle..
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

    "Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Fort Kickass
    Posts
    48,014

    Default

    Mmmmmmmmmmmmm blackfin.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hack Swamp
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    Were yall straight out or N of chas harbor? We were a bit South and only had a handful of boats around at any given time. Glad yall put something in the box!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We were south. Heard a lot of talk on the radio about lines run over and spooled into props.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Summerville
    Posts
    5,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    Update: did not catch a damn thing high speed trolling. I think 70 boats declared a fish day in wahoo series and when I looked yesterday only 15 fish were weighed. First time for me not catching atleast a fish or two high speeding.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sooo many people are doing this now. Seems like wahoo fishing isn't near as good as it used to be.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Summerville
    Posts
    5,524

    Default

    Them are some grown blackfins. There doesn't seem to be any shortage of those out there.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    Sooo many people are doing this now. Seems like wahoo fishing isn't near as good as it used to be.
    Sounds about like duck hunting.
    DILLIGAF

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    Sooo many people are doing this now. Seems like wahoo fishing isn't near as good as it used to be.
    I have to keep up with some state level data for work.

    If you take a look at Charleston, Dorchester, Beaufort, Berkeley and Horry County populations, from 2011 to 2021 the total population in these counties has increased by about 258,000 people... Its getting crowded down there!
    Formerly DM88

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    And they will not stop coming!
    DILLIGAF

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Summerville
    Posts
    5,329

    Default

    48 per day
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Edisto/Camdenshire
    Posts
    7,655

    Default

    We fished south. Did the high speed thing in the morning. Ended up with two dolphin, one that we filed while high speed and it was kind of disappointing. Found some decent temp breaks and bait but not much anyway fish.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    MUN-row, NC
    Posts
    6,741

    Default

    I'm guessing it's still bad luck to prematurely discuss weekend weather? Cuz I'm just sayin', Saturday's lookin' mighty on Windfinder...
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

    - "Most of these folks' thought streams run shallow enough you can cross them in Crocs and not get wet feet". - Unnamed animal poet from Spartanburg, SC

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Wateree, South Carolina
    Posts
    44,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    has increased by about 258,000 people... Its getting crowded down there!
    Not just that, but a huge percentage of those 258,000 people have money to burn and an endless amount of free time in which to burn it...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •