Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: yankee magnet, just what we need

Quote Originally Posted by Moose843 View Post
    Would be fun to watch them all buy lakefront property and then see Santee Cooper drop the lake like they did back in 08/09. Wonder how they would flip out over mud front property?
    This new crop of imports will run that lake soon…..just like they’ve done at Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    No “decent” jobs, shitty schools, and corrupt local government keep holding it up. Hell no one up here wants to work already and folks buying 300k houses aren’t going to work at the Foodlion or IGA.
    That’s exactly what I said when they announced the big development up the saluda river on Murray. The lots sold quicker than a cat can lick its ass. These Yankees are retired and have grown kids, no need for jobs or schools. Then they talk their friends into coming…..

Yep. Other outsiders will move here to service any needs that aren't being met. They are coming across the border in droves in the hopes that Uncle Sugar keeps giving them free everything. That shit is just about over. The math is the math.

Think they go back home or get their asses to work, cutting yards, cleaning homes, etc.?

Oh, and where are they going to live? In track houses in what used to be somebody's dove field..

Not sure it will survive. The only decent night club around is The Brass Elephant.

Maybe they will throw me a few pickleball courts to build.

Tha hell is a pickleball court?

I was curious, too. At first I thought it was slang for tennis and I chuckled.

https://usapickleball.org/what-is-pickleball/

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    Yep, and they were building another golf course back there too if I remember correctly.
    I believe so. One trip to santee after a lake Marion sporting event would be eye opening to a lot of people. Mix in the “clubs” that’ll shut down a major road for the people loaded up acting fool and you quickly realize this ain’t Charleston, Summerville or anything like that. I am blessed with how and where I’ve lived the last 15 years but I’m not living that neighborhood life.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Tha hell is a pickleball court?
    It's the new thing right now. We are building tons of them.
    Last edited by jcoker; 04-07-2022 at 08:49 AM.

I once met with some yankees in Charlotte to price installing a Curling facility in an abandoned freezer. I think they ended up in the Mathew area. They had enough curlers in Charlotte to have league play. I think it was more about drinking than curling as a bar was a major concern for the project.

They’ve been trying to develop that property since I was 20 years old.
    It has failed 3 times.

I haven’t ridden back in there in a few years, but there has been a community dock for at least 8-9 years.
    The hillside lots would be gorgeous.

I hunted that place for years before it was developed, and a few years after the first “Blackwater” failed.

Great duck hunting. Loaded with deer and turkeys. The men who owned it in the 90s quail hunted it regularly.

I’ve had this discussion on here a thousand times.

It’ll fail. The type of homes they are trying to market are above the infrastructure currently in Santee.
    And Santee’s government is run by the biggest batch of bafoons this world has ever seen.
    They can barely keep the water system operational.

That property could’ve been a great private community.

10 homes - the rest, hunting property.

Y’all check back with me in 5 years and we’ll revisit the “I told ya so.”
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    They’ve been trying to develop that property since I was 20 years old.
    It has failed 3 times.

I haven’t ridden back in there in a few years, but there has been a community dock for at least 8-9 years.
    The hillside lots would be gorgeous.

I hunted that place for years before it was developed, and a few years after the first “Blackwater” failed.

Great duck hunting. Loaded with deer and turkeys. The men who owned it in the 90s quail hunted it regularly.

I’ve had this discussion on here a thousand times.

It’ll fail. The type of homes they are trying to market are above the infrastructure currently in Santee.
    And Santee’s government is run by the biggest batch of bafoons this world has ever seen.
    They can barely keep the water system operational.

That property could’ve been a great private community.

10 homes - the rest, hunting property.

Y’all check back with me in 5 years and we’ll revisit the “I told ya so.”
    Mark it down, we agree on something. They’re putting track homes behind Santee insurance center right now all the way to the Farmers and Merchants ATM, I couldn’t imagine having to live there.

They’ll open em at 350k.

In 3 years, they’ll be listed for 120k and ghettoed to hell.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.