Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glennn

Default Glennn

Need the fitness instructor hat. I went to crank the chainsaw yesterday and it felt like something between my bicep and shoulder broke. I noticed it getting hurty last week with the resistance work. What is the most likely thing going on in there (besides oldness and weakness) so I can get it fixed?

Any bruising?

What actions/movements cause pain now?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Pectoral tendon
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Full range of motion, but arm out circular motion, you feel it. Seems like the top. I need to google up a diagram.

detached a bicep head? if you did you aint got long to get it reattached before they cant

Rotator cuff. Cortisol injection to band-aid the problem. Surgery to fix provided it's bad enough.

But I'm not a vet, a dentist, or a regular patron of the holliday inn.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Guessing the bottom of that yellow one.

Oooo. That changes things. Maybe a pulled/torn biceps tendon. If it was torn, you'd know it. Do you have any weakness in the arm?

taking your picture into account, I'll raise my question again. For the local medical professionals of course

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

inflammation of biceps tendon
    ^^
    Ibuprofen.
    Ignore it for 3 weeks and it might go away.
    Last edited by jwilliams; 04-05-2022 at 07:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Do you have any weakness in the arm?
    Yes. What does that portend?

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

If it were a detached biceps head you would notice a baseball sized knot with arm relaxed. those are pretty easy
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Yes. What does that portend?

The tendon could be torn. I would think you would have some nice bruising and swelling though. Did you hear a pop?

It could also just be a strain. Again, I'm not a doctor. You should see a doctor.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 04-05-2022 at 07:34 AM.

No. It doesn't feel like a tear. I want to just push through it, but don't want to make it worse by being impatient. I see the value of a staffed gym for just this sort of thing.

Vaginaitis....

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    inflammation of biceps tendon
    ^^
    Ibuprofen.
    Ignore it for 3 weeks and it might go away.
    Could be a tear. Mine's shredded as well as my rotator cuff. I rejected the prospect of surgery AMA four years ago. I'll never bench press again but it beats surgery.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Few things it can be. Biceps tendon, simple muscle strain, or cuff problem. Most likely. The cuff tendons wrap around the head of the humerus and attach around that area you are describing pain. If you tore a biceps tendon completely you would know easy to dx. You would have a ball of muscle in your arm if its completely ruptured. Muscle strains are easy enough to deal with given time rest and let you body do its thing. Depending on age and the amount of rest you give it could dictate the time it takes to heal. I would give it a week or two if it still is bothering you get it checked. Unless your that worried about a torn muscle and the pain is a lot more than you are describing then go ahead better to know than to take advice from people that are posting pictures of anatomy that they googled. A lot of muscles cross at the shoulder so take that for what you will.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

He asked Glenn, ain't none a y'all named Glenn.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Biceps or pec tendonitis/tear. But that's a busy area and there are A LOT of muscles that cross that joint. Deltoid tendonitis is another possibility.

Ice, some NSAID if your stomach can handle 'em and mobility/stretching.