Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Hunting Update, Again...

Default Sunday Hunting Update, Again...

H.4614 made it out of full Ag/DNR/Enviro committee last week and is headed to the full house for debate, I believe as early as tomorrow.

This bill is being painted as NOT supported by in state hunters, which is simply not the case.

We will have a call to action link soon but until then please contact your state reps and senators and respectfully let them know you A) are a citizen of SC an B) that you do support the removal of an antiquated and archaic law.

Appreciate the help.

on it.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

My state rep does what he thinks is in my best interest despite my opinion. He's a good big brother.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

You sinners just won’t quit.

Quote Originally Posted by BowfinClassic View Post
    You sinners just won’t quit.
    What can I say. I like to hunt after church.

Hunting on Sunday is a sin?

Done
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    Apparently. But not riding horses, fishing, drinking, hiking or going to/watching NFL games.

Or hunting on private land. The Lord honors that it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Apparently. But not riding horses, fishing, drinking, hiking or going to/watching NFL games.

Private landowners are stewards of the Lord’s creation so the rules are different. Drinking on Sunday is a sin and was prohibited until sinners like y’all changed those rules. Football on a Sunday is a sin which is why true football is played on Friday or Saturday. Fishing is fine as long as it’s catch and release. Horse people are the devil, regardless of the day.

What can I say. I like to hunt after church.
    I been hunting and fishing alot longer than most on this site and my only rule I made was I NEVER HUNTED OR FISHED ON SUNDAY! I don't watch football on Sunday either. Just My Opinion. Everything needs a break, you all included.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I don't do any of that. I learned at a very young age, the only work done on Sunday was by the kids. It was our responsibility to carry the watermelon rinds to the goat pen.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    I been hunting and fishing alot longer than most on this site and my only rule I made was I NEVER HUNTED OR FISHED ON SUNDAY! I don't watch football on Sunday either. Just My Opinion. Everything needs a break, you all included.
    I do break from hunting, Mon thru Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    I have never understood this way of thinking myself. Hunting is not work to me. Its my time to rest and clear my head. I also find myself using that time to enjoy what the lord hath made.

Bible belt

Not really, what you can live with!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by BowfinClassic View Post
    Private landowners are stewards of the Lord’s creation so the rules are different. Drinking on Sunday is a sin and was prohibited until sinners like y’all changed those rules. Football on a Sunday is a sin which is why true football is played on Friday or Saturday. Fishing is fine as long as it’s catch and release. Horse people are the devil, regardless of the day.
    You ain't wrong

Call to action link below. Takes less than 30 seconds…

https://www.backcountryhunters.org/h...carolina#/277/

Done

Done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Done. Thanks for your efforts and the email link.