Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: corn prices

Default corn prices

Last year with the poor corn crop the prices were through the roof. This year it seems most farmers are going to have a good crop, will the prices of deer corn drop or remain equal to last years prices?
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 06-21-2012 at 11:53 AM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

The same or more

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Good many acres in corn this year and the mid-west has had a good planting season. Guys with decent crop in the ground "should" do pretty good this year if grain was contracted. On the flip side, corn prices have started softening up in the last 4 weeks and June is historically the month wi th highest corn prices.

Look for a flood in the market and lower prices than 2011. Bank it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

same
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

market value + $1 is what we normally do

gas prices are down and i still have many companies continuing to charge me a FUEL SURCHARGE that they implemented back when prices were up and everyone was afraid the local EXXON station was gonna run out of gas.

my point is that now that you think corn is $10/bag, i dont think the places that advertize DEER CORN are gonna sell it for $7 bc they bought it for less.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Corn prices are still affected by the spot market prices. Feed stores won't be able to keep their feed corn prices high if there is a glut of corn. Cattle farmers know what corn farmers are getting paid by the feed stores and they aren't going to let the feed store make too much money just for storing it. Roadside deer corn sellers might be able to keep their prices higher for a while until hunters figure out they can buy it cheaper at a real feed store.

Shelled corn is $8.50/bu at Weather's Feed in St. George today. They said the price should drop mid August when they start combining.

The midwestern crop will determine the prices.

My family's farm in Indiana hasn't seen rain in a month. That may not bode well.
    Founding Member of the Short Mo' Sea Pro Posse

Fuck Purdue

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    The midwestern crop will determine the prices.
    Agreed and they are struggling.

I'm saying same at best. The local crop may be good but we don't even count in the grand total.

are we talking about commodities or deer corn?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot1224 View Post
    Agreed and they are struggling.

I'm saying same at best. The local crop may be good but we don't even count in the grand total.
    2th I'm referring to deer corn

That is my question. What is the "local" market going to set the price at or will they try and base their price off the midwest? The "local" market can only sustain at prices in which people are willing to pay.

Supply and demand is the key driving factor of pricing and with what appears to be an above average year for corn should reflect a higher supply. With demand staying consistent with last year or slightly elevated, at some point the price will have to come down I would think or else a lot of people will be sitting on a lot of corn priced above what the market can bear.

Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 06-21-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I am going to go with same, aint no need for them to drop them when they know people will still pay the same price as last year. They are going to try to raise profit margin IMO

You got to keep them high to make up for that lost they took last year. We usually call around to all the farmers around us and try to set our price the same as everybody else. If I had to guess I would say around 7 a bag. Price of diesel and fertilizer is still very high.

Local should be about the same

Thats what im seeing/hearing........ill know better in a month or 2......

I still can't understand people pay a premium for "deer" corn....

$6 a bag... Count on it..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    2th I'm referring to deer corn

That is my question. What is the "local" market going to set the price at or will they try and base their price off the midwest? The "local" market can only sustain at prices in which people are willing to pay.

Supply and demand is the key driving factor of pricing and with what appears to be an above average year for corn should reflect a higher supply. With demand staying consistent with last year or slightly elevated, at some point the price will have to come down I would think or else a lot of people will be sitting on a lot of corn priced above what the market can bear.

The "local market" is already based off the Midwest every year. A farmer isn't going to sell "deer" corn locally for a cheaper price than he can get at the local feed mill, which is essentially based off the Midwest production.

Ok we know what deer corn will cost this year, but what about big buck corn?

"OMG!!! Corn's gonna be too high....I ain't gonna be able to hunt!"

Fuck all you democrat baitin' bastards as you're no better than the "whur my handout?" bitches y'all hypoctical bastards complain about all the time.