Thread: Free ranging dogs

Default Free ranging dogs

I’ve given them a pass a bunch of times but I’ve about had it.1BD6719B-BFEF-412F-88C7-7951841F1B73.jpg117F4182-4CCF-4CF4-B8CD-240A691DE868.jpg

No quarter for feral dogs ... SSS

No quarter.

was that where I think it was?
    Last edited by drwilly; 04-04-2022 at 06:46 AM. Reason: typo
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

At one time, my papa had 40 some odd goats. One night a pack of feral and semi feral dogs got in the fence and killed them all except the two billies.

The feral and free ranging dog problem was dealt with.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

How do you know it was free ranging dogs? Why do they deserve a pass anytime?
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Yeah, don't neuter your pet. What could go wrong?

IMO, the do more damage than a coyote.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

You're not the only one, we have one place that has had them several times.
    Last year on a turkey hunt we ran across several recently dead armadillos, could hear dogs, about an hour later we run into them. I was trying to get a read on them, one in front of me that was essentially baying me, one moves to the side and I realized the big one was circling to get behind me, all within 10 yards. Dangest thing I've ever seen in the turkey woods. They were covered in mange, but had weight on them.
    Last edited by buckpro; 04-04-2022 at 07:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    You're not the only one, we have one place that has had them several times.
    Last year on a turkey hunt we ran across several recently dead armadillos, could hear dogs, about an hour later we run into them. I was trying to get a read on them, one in front of me that was essentially baying me, one moves to the side and I realized the big one was circling to get behind me, all within 10 yards. Dangest thing I've ever seen in the turkey woods. They were covered in mange, but had weight on them.
    When I was a kid, I walked up on two wild dogs before that happened in the big bay behind the farm. They came after me and my dog went after them. I ran all the way back to house. My dog made it home but was chewed up pretty good. My dad fed him a steak.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

They are delt with accordingly around my place. I don’t trust any of them with my young kids playing outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk