Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great White Could Cost Angler Thousands in Fines

I am ok with keeping a small blacktip for the grill... [img]graemlins/hungry.gif[/img]
    BB I assume you mean a 54" Fork length small blacktip.....

Originally posted by Swamp Rat:

Some sharks I take it are not allowed under any circumstances. Like you said, it would have to be a BIG one to get to that point anyway.
    The only prohibited species that occur nearshore are Dusky Sharks and Sand Tigers. Sand Tigers are easy but Dusky ID is quite problamatic for most folks. Dusky's are usually off of our coast in early spring, but most are off of North Carolina.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I don't know much about sharks other than the little fellers I always called sand sharks that we used to catch in the surf. I know a hammerhead when I see one, although if it was small I might confuse it with a bonnethead.

But from what I've read the South Carolina and GA coasts are shark nurseries. An article I read by a biologist said sharks come to these coasts from all over to have their young.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

The little "sand sharks" are pups from the Atlantic Sharpnose. All the other sharks pups are at least 18" when born. (We have at least 9 species that utilize our estuaries). As far as the primary nursery areas...you can find pups in most of our coastal waters, but there are areas that hold much higher concentrations of pups. Bulls Bay is one of our well known nursery grounds...