Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CWD In NC…

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Shouldn't be much of a problem here then. Most deer are between 2 and 3 years of age. So we should be fine! Lol
    Right?!?! LOL

One theory I read recently is that since we know CWD has been around a while its effects are being noticed more due the unintended consequences of managing for older age class bucks. Since deer are allowed to get older they live through the incubation period where symptoms become apparent.

It's an interesting hypothesis. How true it is I can't say. Makes for good conversation though.

We've known forever that eating certain parts of squirrels can lead to basically CWD in humans. We never banned the squirrel or squirrel hunting and everyone didn't die. Today? People would freak completely out. Like Glenn said, there is no telling what we would end up with regulationwise...

Meh. Covid shot and some fluoride and you should be good to go.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Think we will finally see the end of corn piles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dear God I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Right?!?! LOL

One theory I read recently is that since we know CWD has been around a while its effects are being noticed more due the unintended consequences of managing for older age class bucks. Since deer are allowed to get older they live through the incubation period where symptoms become apparent.

It's an interesting hypothesis. How true it is I can't say. Makes for good conversation though.

There were plenty of states where deer reached older age classes as well as on some remote and larger tracts, they just didn't shoot everything like we do here mainly due to stricter limits.

If the DNR bans baiting hopefully the lease prices will fall. I would think it would be harder to get $15/ac for 200ac loblolly stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Dear God I hope so.
    The futures market may sort that out before God or the Deer god gets involved...