Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F150 Ecoboost engine rattle

I've had the TC rattle at startup for the past 60k miles. Should I go ahead and fix this or wait till it goes?

I am (was, actually) a Ford guy. I quit buying Ford when they insisted on selling tiny ecoboost motors that get the same fuel economy as the older, bigger blocked, normally aspirated engines. I got over a quarter of a million miles out of a 4.6L. Was it really worth 1 mpg savings to go to a 3.5L?

My wife is now driving a Toyota and I will too when it's my turn to trade out.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    My wife is now driving a Toyota and I will too when it's my turn to trade out.
    My wife also drives a Toyota. A sequoia platinum with most all of the bells and whistles that Toyota offers. I drive a King Ranch F150 and we both agree that my truck with AT tires is more comfortable by a good bit than her Sequoia with HT tires. That is my main drawback of going back to driving a Toyota truck. They just aren't as comfortable and for somebody that drives 35+k miles a year I really like the comfort. Granted my truck has the V8 and not the little ecoboost
    Last edited by theoldblackdog; 07-11-2022 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    My wife also drives a Toyota. A sequoia platinum with most all of the bells and whistles that Toyota offers. I drive a King Ranch F150 and we both agree that my truck with AT tires is more comfortable by a good bit than her Sequoia with HT tires. That is my main drawback of going back to driving a Toyota truck. They just aren't as comfortable and for somebody that drives 35+k miles a year I really like the comfort. Granted my truck has the V8 and not the little ecoboost
    Comfortable as in the Ford is not as loud on the road or what?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Not as loud, seats are more comfortable, rides smoother and nicer interior amenities. In SC especially I have never really cared too much about how the heat blows, but the AC blowing is a big deal. Toyota/Lexus(parents drive those) has always struggled in not having a strong AC and Ford has always had the best in my opinion

Not as loud, seats are more comfortable, rides smoother and nicer interior amenities. In SC especially I have never really cared too much about how the heat blows, but the AC blowing is a big deal. Toyota/Lexus(parents drive those) has always struggled in not having a strong AC and Ford has always had the best in my opinion
    Yeah Toyota AC isn’t strong and sucks gas out even faster. Also I’ve noticed Toyota seems to be a louder ride.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Granted my truck has the V8 and not the little ecoboost
    If Ford still offered the V8 in a rear-drive Explorer, my wife wouldn't be driving a Toyota. The Toyota with the adaptive cruise control, automatic breaking, steering assist, etc. is pretty neat though. I quickly get used to those things and it'll probably cause a problem at some point when I'm driving my Ford...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

The biggest problem for me at this point is when I drive a peasant's vehicle that doesn't have auto-dimming high beams. Then I feel like a jackass cause I never remember to dim the headlights. Last couple of my vehicles had that and my wife's didn't until this Sequoia.

Since this came up in another thread. We just put chains and VVT actuators in a 2019.

So much for the issue being resolved in 2017.
    More fuel = more boost!!