Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some 'Septic System/Septic Field Expertise'

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    The only folks I know that I trust. They're out of Newberry, not sure where you are.

https://www.brigmanseptictankservice.com/
    This. Brigmans is good people. But if you need work done on the system, they're going to refer you to Alex Metts with Metts Construction in Chapin. He's likely forgotten more than anyone else in SC knows about these systems. If you're anywhere within an hour of Chapin, DHEC will refer you to Alex as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    This. Brigmans is good people. But if you need work done on the system, they're going to refer you to Alex Metts with Metts Construction in Chapin. He's likely forgotten more than anyone else in SC knows about these systems. If you're anywhere within an hour of Chapin, DHEC will refer you to Alex as well.
    Great to hear, but I'm about 1:35-40 from Chapin area, but I'll keep him in mind, for sure.

Thanks.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Septic systems are design by the infiltration rate of the soil. That is how you determine the amount of line necessary. All systems are based on 3' wide rock trenches with 14" depth as the standard. You design the alternate systems based on your standard calculation for length and the factor for coverage.

The easiest thing to do is what has been stated above with the domes, assuming the area you place them has the correct infiltration rates. Also, easy enough to redig the repair lines and place PVC drains in rock 14".

Quote Originally Posted by lil 2 sleepy View Post
    Septic systems are design by the infiltration rate of the soil. That is how you determine the amount of line necessary. All systems are based on 3' wide rock trenches with 14" depth as the standard. You design the alternate systems based on your standard calculation for length and the factor for coverage.

The easiest thing to do is what has been stated above with the domes, assuming the area you place them has the correct infiltration rates. Also, easy enough to redig the repair lines and place PVC drains in rock 14".
    I'm trying to locate the actual lines and corners of the existing field now, based on the 'Actual Permit Dimensions' filed, and my recollection of where the trenches were located. Thus far I know just about where the 'T' is, and the right upper corner area. The holes at the 'T' and that upper right area (9" post auger hole, 40" deep), have filled with 8" of water and haven't drained in 36+ hours, so that's making me wonder about those sections, which should be the cleanest areas of soil overall. The left corner has thus far come up with dry holes at 42" in six locations. I haven't even found stone and it should be there, according to the permit map. Beats me so far...
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 03-30-2022 at 12:16 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

This reminds of a story I was told years ago-

As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man.

He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a little used cemetery in the back country out of Dunedin.

My GPS was on the fritz, so not being familiar with the area, I got lost. Being a typical man, I didn't stop for directions, and when I finally arrived I was an hour late.

The hearse was nowhere in sight so the funeral guy had evidently gone and there were only the grave diggers left.

They were eating lunch, and I felt really bad so I apologised to the men for being late.

I went to the side of the grave and looked down and a fresh concrete vault lid was already in place.

I didn't know what else to do, so I started to play. The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around.

I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I've never played before for this homeless man, and as I played "Amazing Grace", the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together.

When I finished, I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head was hung low, my heart was full.

Then, as I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, "I never seen nothin' like that before and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years."

I'm still lost.

Apparently it's a man thing.