Thread: Indian Larry Dies......

He was killed when lost control of his bike doing a stunt, heres the article.... Aol News Page
    Good to talk, see you out there!

That was a bogus link you nimrod! Who the hell is Injun Larry anyhooooooooo?
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I hope you're wrong about that. He was a wild cat.
    easy livin'

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Indian Larry Dies In Charlotte

Biking legend known as `Indian Larry'

BY WOLFGANG SAXON

New York Times Service

Larry Desmedt, a New York-based custom motorcycle builder and biker better known nationally as ''Indian Larry,'' died on Monday in Charlotte, N.C., of injuries he suffered doing a stunt on Saturday at an appearance there. He was 55 and lived in New York City.

His death was announced by Timothy White, a photographer and friend. He said Desmedt had gone to Charlotte for the filming of a new segment in a series shown on the Discovery Channel, ``The Great Biker Build-Off.''

Indian Larry, who had his workshop in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, was a legend among biking enthusiasts and other custom builders. He regarded his craft as a form of art and, White said, got his nickname from the classic brand of a motorcycle he rode years ago.

He had gone to Charlotte for the shooting on Saturday of an episode of ''Biker Build-Off,'' in which he has successfully competed with other riders of custom-made two-wheelers. The accident happened afterward in a parking lot, with a crowd of thousands watching.

White said Indian Larry, wearing a protective suit but not a helmet, was standing on his bike as he went down the parking lot in a crowd-pleasing routine and may have been blinded by the sun; he fell and hit his head.

He died early Monday at the Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte.

Larry Desmedt was born in Cornwall-on-Hudson, N.Y. His wife, Bambi, and White described him as a lone wolf who was a familiar figure to fans across the country but never joined a motorcycle gang. He was known among bikers as a metal sculptor and highly skilled mechanic.

His first motorbike was a 1939 Harley Knucklehead he bought for $200 when he was a teenager, he said in a Rolling Stone interview.

Later he went to California to apprentice himself to one of his heroes, the hot-rod builder Ed (Big Daddy) Roth.

He spent a wild youth and was a frequent subject of his friend the photographer Robert Mapplethorpe, who was attracted to his ''crash and burn'' way of life. But in 1991 he decided to become ''the best chopper builder in the world,'' according to an autobiography scheduled for publication by Crown in 2005, and devoted himself to becoming what he called a motorcycle artist.

His most famous motorcycle, called Grease Monkey, was named Easy Rider magazine's chopper of the year.

Besides his wife, Desmedt leaves his mother, Dorothy Desmedt, and a sister, Tina Wells, both of Middletown, N.Y.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Indian Larry and the bike 'Rat Fink' he built in tribute to Big Daddy Roth.

Some cool pics here too, of wimmins and bikes! Steel Pony Express VI - 2003

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

That shit sucks, I was hoping it was bogus post. He was truly a master Builder, not one of these bolt shit together guys.
    It\'s better to burn out than to fade away.

What a shame. Indian larry was the king of old school choppers
    Like the eunuch said to Mussolini \"I haven\'t got one and if I did I wouldn\'t show it to you.\"