Thread: GPS collars/tags…..

Default GPS collars/tags…..

What’s the best one? I wanna buy/subscribe to a service that has a collar or tag so I can keep track of my dog. I tried putting an Apple air tag on her existing collar but it doesn’t work worth a shit. Whatcha got?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Go Johnston on the mutt and tie it to a tree. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    What’s the best one? I wanna buy/subscribe to a service that has a collar or tag so I can keep track of my dog. I tried putting an Apple air tag on her existing collar but it doesn’t work worth a shit. Whatcha got?

Apple air tags are not GPS technology, they are Bluetooth so range is limited to the range of a Bluetooth device, measured in feet. Their technology uses all other iPhones/iPads anonymously to help locate the signal. If you lost your dog in New York city, you'd be able to find it quickly, out in the country not so much unless it ran into some hippy camp.

Whenever I researched a while back it seemed like WHISTLE was the most popular.

Gonna try to help both of us...

For those of you that do have WHISTLE or any of the others, have you ever actually used it? I mean, to find your dog that was 4 miles away, not in your back yard. If so, tell us how it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    Gonna try to help both of us...

For those of you that do have WHISTLE or any of the others, have you ever actually used it? I mean, to find your dog that was 4 miles away, not in your back yard. If so, tell us how it worked.
    Looks like with Whistle you have to be in an AT&T coverage area for it to work.

"We keep a constant eye on your pet, with GPS tracking that pinpoints your pet’s location through the AT&T network and Google Maps."

Put a Garmin Astro on the dog and see whether it’s at. Alpha if you want to shock it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    Looks like with Whistle you have to be in an AT&T coverage area for it to work.

"We keep a constant eye on your pet, with GPS tracking that pinpoints your pet’s location through the AT&T network and Google Maps."
    Correct.

Call Labhumper.

I've got one of the Fi Collars and it works well. Keeps track of their location & will notify you when they've left "home". I caught a sale on one and got the collar for $50 I believe, and the monthly isn't bad either.

I have an Fi collar on my dog. Still have to have cell service for GPS but it has been worth it. Only had to track him down with it once. He made it 2 miles from the house and I had him back as quick as I noticed him gone and could get to him in the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Call Labhumper.
    I’d rather be poked in the eye with a sharp stick
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.