Thread: Rogan- Targeted ads

Default Rogan- Targeted ads

Guest dude has clearly been hoovering schneef with Sportin's grandpaw, but he is trying to explain how it works.

Why I do not use the Amazon Alexa product...that thing is listening to your ass!
    At least I'm housebroken.

I don't buy the microphone not listening.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Yet all of our cell phones have this same capability.

This ship has sailed.

its metrics
    and its weird
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    Yet all of our cell phones have this same capability.

This ship has sailed.
    it aint just the mic. The camera is watching too.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Is that why I'm always getting ads for Trojan Magnum Condoms?
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Is that why I'm always getting ads for Trojan Magnum Condoms?
    You gotta Genie in your phone.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I think it's more of the Alexa hearing my wife saying I'm a Dick!
    Low country redneck who moved north

Data is worth a ton of money. I'd be willing to sell mine for the right price. However, I don't want anyone to get my data for free.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    its metrics
    and its weird
    Its taking data from one platform and scraping from another until you have a profile. Not hard to do at all.

Last year Vizio reported in the SEC filing and annual report that they made more money selling data than the TV sets. Let that sink in. They know what you are watching and for how long, including ads, then they sell that info. Data is king.

Why does Harris Teeter, Food Lion, etc. give you a discount for simply giving your personal info? Data. We exchange a bunch of free stuff for our personal information and I am not sure how that ever changes but I feel that Apple is doing a better job of it than all the others. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    Last year Vizio reported in the SEC filing and annual report that they made more money selling data than the TV sets.
    Yep..

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    Why I do not use the Amazon Alexa product...that thing is listening to your ass!
    Yup, like others have said, that ship has done sailed and if you have a smart phone you're onboard whether you like it or not.
    Lexa can get a little creepy at times, she self learned my wife and my first names a long time ago and started calling us by first name out of the blue several months apart

Regardless, I have one in every room of my house (6) except the bathrooms. I like the idea of playing whole house music on demand plus I really enjoy messing with Alexa. She loves to tell fart jokes for hours when asked.
    But on a serious note, Alexa can be set up to call phone#s in your contact list with a voice command in the event of an medical emergency. (Alexa can't call 911 without a land line and additional equipment)
    I realize there are other options for making medical emergency calls but if you already have a few Alexas in the house there's no reason not to set them up to call 5-10 people in your contact list if needed

I bring this up as I am currently helping a family deal with updating the insurance policies for their 60 year old brother who lived alone and died in his house in November. It took approximately two weeks to find him. I don't know if an emergency call option would have saved him. Maybe, maybe not but the insurance claim to clean the house was $15,350.

But if your a privacy freak, that ship has sailed. I can type in your name, address and D.O.B. and a ton of data populates. ( do you own a home, type cars you own, SS#, credit, claims, accidents, MVR, other persons in your household........)

Welcome to the Matrix..I know Kung Fu.
    At least I'm housebroken.