Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zero Turn Opinions for 2-3 Acres

You don’t need a $10,000 mower to cut your grass. Just remember you ain’t making a living with it

Hustler SuperZ 60" with the 27hp Kawi motor. Roughly 7 acres every time i mow our yard.

Quote Originally Posted by SCmudder7071 View Post
    Hustler SuperZ 60" with the 27hp Kawi motor. Roughly 7 acres every time i mow our yard.
    You need some cows or goats or to plant some trees! Geez.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    You don’t need a $10,000 mower to cut your grass. Just remember you ain’t making a living with it
    Hours of cutting grass or working on a lawn mower ain't living either.
    Last edited by Bownut; 03-21-2022 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    You need some cows or goats or to plant some trees! Geez.
    It's not too terrible. I'd rather mow than weedeat around the pond. That shit sucks.

The rest of the property is wooded.

Ahhh weedeating sucks! I cut my grass & pay a guy to weedeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Hours of cutting grass or working on a lawn mower ain't living either.
    I agree but you don't have to spend $10,000 to get a great mower to mow 2 acres of grass every week or 2. Plenty of great mowers around $5,000 that can get the job done for a weekend warrior.

We cut 3 acres a week, with an additional 5 every other week. We had a 42" residential snapper, used to take about an hour an acre and we were constantly replacing parts on the deck. Upgraded to a 60" JD commercial about 5 years ago and cried while cutting the check, we are down to 30-45 minutes per acre and other than blades and an oil change annually no maintenance required. Wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

I know JD isn't on your list, but the lesson is buy more mower at a higher standard than you think you'll need. Spend your weekends doing what you want to do, not what you have to do.

Determine your budget. Most models/brands in your price range will be very similar. Get one that can be serviced locally and quickly. Service does you no good if you have to wait for several weeks during the summer to get if fixed.

I can’t say enough good things about my hustler raptor sd. 5 years and it’s going strong. Cuts 2.5 acres a week. 1/2 if that twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by tot View Post
    Scag mower with the velocity deck if you want a real mower
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?