Thread: New Law for boats Much Needed

Default New Law for boats Much Needed

South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
    New law increases distance limits between a boat, docks in many S.C. waters, prohibits wake surfing within 200 feet
    Boating 2
    A new law increases the distance limit for boating to 100 feet on most state waters and prohibits wake surfing within 200 feet on all S.C. waters. (RBFF photo)

New law increases distance limits between a boat, docks in many S.C. waters, prohibits wake surfing within 200 feet

A new law signed into effect March 14 by Gov. Henry Dargan McMaster establishes on most of South Carolina’s major reservoirs a new 100-foot distance limit that boats underway must observe when approaching a dock, a person in the water or an anchored vessel.

The new law, which doubles the previous distance of 50 feet, applies to the waters of Lake Greenwood, Lake Hartwell, Lake Jocassee, Lake Keowee, Lake Marion, Lake Monticello, Lake Murray, Lake Robinson, Lake Russell, Lake Secession, Lake Thurmond, Lake Wateree, Fishing Creek Reservoir, Parr Reservoir, or the portion of the Savannah River from the Interstate 20 Savannah River Bridge to the New Savannah River Bluff Lock and Dam. The 100-foot distance limit does not apply to Lake Moultrie.

The new law also prohibits “wake surfing” on all S.C. waters within 200 feet of a dock, a person in the water or an anchored watercraft. Wake surfing is defined in the new law as “a vessel that is ballasted in the stern so as to create a wake that is, or is intended to be, surfed by another person.”

Colonel A. Chisolm Frampton, SCDNR deputy director for law enforcement, said: “This is a much-needed change that will increase boating safety for all South Carolina boaters.”

South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, Rembert C. Dennis Building
    1000 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29201

Department Phone Numbers
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Or they could enforce the fucking laws we already have, rather than performing their "random" bullshit "safety" checks......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Or they could enforce the fucking laws we already have, rather than performing their "random" bullshit "safety" checks......
    TRUTH!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

more government overreach but "hey it's for a good cause and we are protecting the public" says the altruistic patronizing public "servant"
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

I thought this was why we were getting rid of all the stumps?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I thought this was why we were getting rid of all the stumps?
    It's all about real estate and making money. Keep up.

I actually agree to this one. Wake surfing right next to someone's dock is something a bitch would do.

I’d fight the hell out of a ticket if I got one and my boat is not “ballasted”. So stupid can’t even write the law correctly. You can wake surf behind any boat. Same prob if you drive too close. Bigger problem if it’s a wake boat with 300 gal of water in the stern throwing a monster wake.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

They’re just setting it up for the new that says “No Fishing” from those same distances.

100' is borderline ridiculous depending on the situation for no wake. Maybe if they removed all of the BS "No Wake" signs people have, it might make it more observed where it actually is no wake. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero