Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Elites at Santee

so, is the internet gonna kill bass fishing? with those numbers, the lake will be full of a bunch of college kids fishing for bass this weekend, right?

or is it really all corn ponds?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

It’s Corn Holes if we’re talking bass fishing.

I went to the weigh-in. There was a good crowd. I met Otter and Brandon. Brandon placed 5.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Anybody know if Bog is working today or is that him in the Jon boat?
    When it comes to freshwater, anything other than a tiller handle is beneath me.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    so, is the internet gonna kill bass fishing? with those numbers, the lake will be full of a bunch of college kids fishing for bass this weekend, right?

or is it really all corn ponds?
    Thankfully winning at the upper levels of competitive bass fishing is a little tougher than duck hunting. For instance….there was a tourney on the California Delta this past weekend. First place had 31lbs, Second place had 30lbs, and the rest of the field had less than 17lbs per boat. Those awesome numbers just prove that the fish are there. It’s a whole other thing to have the ability and know how in order to put limits like those in the boat when it matters!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Think his mom gave him the day off?
    I showed her this post and she granted my request for a day off under the condition that you take me fishing……

On the upper lake.

Species of your choice.

I’ll need 2 days notice, not for work…… just to draw a crowd.

Lemme know when and where city boy.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Thankfully winning at the upper levels of competitive bass fishing is a little tougher than duck hunting. For instance….there was a tourney on the California Delta this past weekend. First place had 31lbs, Second place had 30lbs, and the rest of the field had less than 17lbs per boat. Those awesome numbers just prove that the fish are there. It’s a whole other thing to have the ability and know how in order to put limits like those in the boat when it matters!
    The bags for Santee Cooper have been impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I showed her this post and she granted my request for a day off under the condition that you take me fishing……

On the upper lake.

Species of your choice.

I’ll need 2 days notice, not for work…… just to draw a crowd.

Lemme know when and where city boy.
    My boat has a “You must be this tall to ride” sign and I doubt you make the cut. Plus I don’t remember selling you any lake fishing stuff so you probably aren’t equipped. If you hunted or fished on my property line you’d starve to death son.
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 03-21-2022 at 06:39 PM.

son of a.

I’ll take my boat, and you can pick my ride along.
    I’ll pick yours. Fair enough?

You can still pick the species and landing we launch from.

“Your land” belonged to your in laws long before either of us have been alive bubba.

Thanks for the gaff a few years ago. I mean that. Big mako doubled it over like a paper clip.

My shoulder hurt for a week.

Lemme preface this by saying the only thing I hate worse than bass fishing is bass fishermen.

No one that was fishing that lake those 4 days would’ve threatened winning that tournament and they sure as hell wouldn’t be able to roll thru a circuit of lakes with a snowball’s chance in hell of winning. Those guys are straight witches at what they do and I give them props for it.

If you knowingly get in the way of one of those guys you’re a dick, period.

If one of the tournament guys bitches about coming up on someone already fishing and they bitch about that person then then tournament guy is a duck, period.

I’ve had 2 interactions with tournament guys on Hartwell, one positive and one negative.

The positive was a HUGE tournament that I didn’t know about u til I was on the water with a buddy of mine. Big ass bass would “follow” my bait a bit then go back to her big ass rock. I turned around and a obvious tournament boat was sitting there watching about 40 yards away. I apologized and told him I would move. He came back with “no need, you’re fine” so I promptly eased out of the way, told him what was going on and proceeded to watch him catch her fatass with his first cast, lol (north of 5lbs). Made us both happy.

The second was also on Hartwell a couple years back. I was NOT fishing, but I came up on an obvious tournament (this one I knew ahead of time about) dude and he was in the middle of a narrow creek and was fishing both sides. I eased up to about 30-40 yards and hung out. When he acknowledged me I asked which he wanted me to pass on……

”neither”

“Not one of the choices”

“I’m in a fucking tournament!”

“I’m in fucking Jon boat. Left it is”

Off I went as he was raising hell. Finished my business up the creek, got up on plane washed his ass on my way back out. Fuck him, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Lemme preface this by saying the only thing I hate worse than bass fishing is bass fishermen.

No one that was fishing that lake those 4 days would’ve threatened winning that tournament and they sure as hell wouldn’t be able to roll thru a circuit of lakes with a snowball’s chance in hell of winning. Those guys are straight witches at what they do and I give them props for it.

If you knowingly get in the way of one of those guys you’re a dick, period.

If one of the tournament guys bitches about coming up on someone already fishing and they bitch about that person then then tournament guy is a duck, period.

I’ve had 2 interactions with tournament guys on Hartwell, one positive and one negative.

The positive was a HUGE tournament that I didn’t know about u til I was on the water with a buddy of mine. Big ass bass would “follow” my bait a bit then go back to her big ass rock. I turned around and a obvious tournament boat was sitting there watching about 40 yards away. I apologized and told him I would move. He came back with “no need, you’re fine” so I promptly eased out of the way, told him what was going on and proceeded to watch him catch her fatass with his first cast, lol (north of 5lbs). Made us both happy.

The second was also on Hartwell a couple years back. I was NOT fishing, but I came up on an obvious tournament (this one I knew ahead of time about) dude and he was in the middle of a narrow creek and was fishing both sides. I eased up to about 30-40 yards and hung out. When he acknowledged me I asked which he wanted me to pass on……

”neither”

“Not one of the choices”

“I’m in a fucking tournament!”

“I’m in fucking Jon boat. Left it is”

Off I went as he was raising hell. Finished my business up the creek, got up on plane washed his ass on my way back out. Fuck him, lol.

Question is would they show the same courtesy during duck season. Would them avoid you or bounce a jig off your decoys one at the time?
    80-20 Genaration

Excellent point.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I went to the weigh-in. There was a good crowd. I met Otter and Brandon. Brandon placed 5.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    CD great to finally meet you today, Brandon had a great event. Improved his placing each day. Santee showed out for sure. 21+ lbs. per day just to make the top ten, plus 2 Century belts earned. Appreciate you guys that follow Brandon, hopefully he can keep a good year going and finish well in the points to make next years Classic.
    Last edited by Otter 1200; 03-21-2022 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    son of a.

I’ll take my boat, and you can pick my ride along.
    I’ll pick yours. Fair enough?

You can still pick the species and landing we launch from.

“Your land” belonged to your in laws long before either of us have been alive bubba.

Thanks for the gaff a few years ago. I mean that. Big mako doubled it over like a paper clip.

My shoulder hurt for a week.
    You have my number, whenever you have enough in the pen you think you have a chance holler. 803-860-2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Question is would they show the same courtesy during duck season. Would them avoid you or bounce a jig off your decoys one at the time?
    Have had people fish in my decoys and actually think they were ducks. Not very observant.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    You got your answer to that on youth day a couple seasons back.