Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elites at Santee

Default Elites at Santee

Looks like they are catching them pretty good.

Big fish moving in to bed.

This pattern is leading at the moment.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bRJJZbFp5p8psbsy7

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 03-17-2022 at 10:25 AM.

Do you think BASS and MLF will ever draw a line in the sand on what electronics can be used?? Seems pro bass fishing has become a video game. Or is it one of those “ the toothpaste is already out of the tube” type things where there is no going back? Sort of like where professional golf is these days with equipment.

Just because the fish are there doesnt mean they want to eat.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

One guy has almost 30 pounds now....and nothing over 6.5 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Just because the fish are there doesnt mean they want to eat.
    Yep. ActiveTarget/ livescope will just make you mad sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I promise a professional golfer will cut your ass with any club you give them... same probably goes for fishing.
    Life's a garden, Dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by CUducks648 View Post
    I promise a professional golfer will cut your ass with any club you give them... same probably goes for fishing.
    Absolutely, everyone has a bad day but these guys are good. Livescope/panoptix is just another tool in the toolbox.

I think they will expand the ....hook in the mouth rule while sight fishing to fishing with Forward Facing Sonar.

I think that is an absolute stretch.

Golf is basically the same game it was 50 years ago.

Fishing is NOT!

Take away their GPS and Sonar and let’s see how they fare.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Looks like they are catching them pretty good.

Big fish moving in to bed.

This pattern is leading at the moment.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bRJJZbFp5p8psbsy7

Mein gott, this is getting ridiculous, but wow that is wild..

They will absolutely whip my ass. I’m referring to the competition between the top guys. And if you don’t think equipment has changed in golf in the last 50 years you clearly don’t pay attention to it. Im just saying will it ever go to far? Are underwater cameras allowed? Seems to me it bunches the competition. Lessens the edge for the more experienced fisherman.

I went to lake 2 Saturdays ago and caught over a dozen bass. I don’t have a graph on my duck boat either. One was pushing 7 and the rest were just a bunch of small bucks in the 2-3lb range. It was fun though.
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by carolinadrifter View Post
    They will absolutely whip my ass. I’m referring to the competition between the top guys. And if you don’t think equipment has changed in golf in the last 50 years you clearly don’t pay attention to it. Im just saying will it ever go to far? Are underwater cameras allowed? Seems to me it bunches the competition. Lessens the edge for the more experienced fisherman.
    Underwater cameras are banned.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I think that is an absolute stretch.

Golf is basically the same game it was 50 years ago.

Fishing is NOT!

Take away their GPS and Sonar and let’s see how they fare.
    That’s dumb. Take away the golfers eyes and see how he fares.
    But I do agree that ass cutting and golf should never be mentioned in proximity.

In the 1970s Jack Nicklaus could consistently drive 330yds off the tee.

Bubba Watson averages 315yds off the tee now.

Has the inside and short game changed so drastically in 50 years?

I’m not sure it has given the stats.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Jack was a freak

The golf ball has changed a great deal from the balatas I played in junior golf.. and my first persimmon wood.. I'm as long as I am at 45 as i was when I was 18. But I don't believe in roll backs with golf.

I know my first hds I bought changed my bottom fishing..

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    That’s dumb. Take away the golfers eyes and see how he fares.
    But I do agree that ass cutting and golf should never be mentioned in proximity.
    What’s dumb? Questioning how good a fisherman is without the aid of modern technology?

There are A LOT of old Santee legends that could and did rip fish weekly 20 years before the first sonar and GPS machines were available to the public.
    They did it off experience.

The McCord brothers come to mind.
    Don Drose.
    Inky Davis.
    Pat Williams.
    JM Reynolds.
    I could go on and on.

Could the top bass fisherman in the country do what they did without the gadgets?

Personally I doubt it.

So, a halfway decent weekend warrior can go to his local creek/river/pond/lake and catch some good fish on a Zoom trick worm in the same holes Daddy showed them 30 years ago with a Zebco 33. My daddy did the same for me.
    Now try driving halfway across the country, fish a body of water you’ve never laid eyes on, with no control over the weather or water conditions, if you’re somewhat known you have to fulfill sponsor commitments while you’re there, you probably haven’t seen your family in weeks, you draw a high spot in the blast off, and every area you thought might be productive you pull up to and there’s already 3 boats sitting there, and you gotta catch 5 good fish before 1:30 to make it back in time for the weigh in.
    "Pain, or damage don't end the world — or despair, or fu**in' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, ......and give some back." -Al Swearingen

if you think that’s how bass tournament fishing actually plays out, you are a lost cause and not worth further discussion on the topic.

That came off harsh.

What I’m saying is you are wrong on a lot of things.

1. They aren’t showing up to a lake they’ve never seen and just winging it on fish day 1.
    ALL of them have been to every body of water on the tour SEVERAL times throughout the year, and over the years.
    2. They all show up a week before to pre fish prior to the tournament.
    I won’t mention names, but I got home Saturday from the Everglades, and Monday spoke to 3 tournament fisherman in Santee at the General Store.
    3. On really cool years how do think that the pros know where brush piles are? Do they just ride around aimlessly until they find a few on the screen? Do they drill locals at Bell’s Marina and Blacks for their brush numbers, or do they come 3 months before tournament dates and set their own brush? The world may never know….