Thread: Ebay problems

Default Ebay problems

Anyone ever had any problems with bogus ebay purchases? Happened to me a month or so ago someone bought a item under a guest account and used my email and shipping address. Got a confirmation email saying the item was shipped and i never ordered it. My card nor paypal was used for it. Contacted ebay and they said not much could be done and to change all my online passwords. Monitored all my debit cards, paypal, etc. Nothing has been hacked or compromised. Closed out my debit card and credit cards and got new ones just to be safe and didn't think anything of it. Got another order confirmation email this morning on a order through ebay i did not make. Checked my debit card, credit card, etc. It was not used to make the purchase. Contacted ebay again they told me same thing. Anyone ever run into this type of problem? How did you get it resolved? I also have identity theft monitoring and nothing has come through on that. I'm lost

Do you know what was ordered? Could it be someone trying to use your mailbox for something they don't want to show up in theirs?

Double check the email address of the confirmations you received if you haven't already. A lot of these confirmation emails that look real are from fake accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    Double check the email address of the confirmations you received if you haven't already. A lot of these confirmation emails that look real are from fake accounts.
    Checked that. Ebay says it was a legitimate purchase it shows up on their end.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Do you know what was ordered? Could it be someone trying to use your mailbox for something they don't want to show up in theirs?
    It's random items. First time it was a coffee mug, this time it's a refurbished roomba.

I would send one to that address titled shipment confirmation....with the message......Fuck off.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I'd rather buy off of Craigslist than use ebay
    At least I'm housebroken.

Its a complete phishing attempt. There was a scam being run where they shipped things to your house you did not pay for then threaten you because you did not pay for them. They want to engage with you. To my mind, there is very little value in eBay anymore; however, I would hate for some f#ckery to force me to close it. Good luck, MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

You received the items at your address?
    Low country redneck who moved north

Did the items come from the same shipper?

Did not receive items nor did they come from same shipper

Does a record of the transaction show on your ebay account?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Check into who the sender is and their feedback. This is likely some kind of phishing attempt where they are "shipping" a likely phantom product looking for you to engage with them.

Sounds like they are using your eBay identity to try and scam someone else. You should be able to see where the items are going and give them a heads up.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Fishing scam. Don't click the link. I get weekly emails saying I bought something on Amazon for $400 dollars. They want you to be like "oh crap, I better click this link and take care of this right now, that's a lot of money". But you click, and next thing you know your machine has compu-herpes. Don't fall for it. Ignore them. Log into the actual ebay website and look at your order history. If it doesn't show up there, it's all good.

Had one show up on my ebay about 2 years ago. Contacted ebay and let them know I didn't order anything and they acted like it was no big deal. No one ever contacted me, except for the legit ebay email which I verified, and no charges ever hit my account. I just figured someone used my info for a paper purchase.

Seems like a good way to money launder. Dirty money in account A, purchases random item and transfers clean money to account B through a legit account.

Quote Originally Posted by lowbudget View Post

Seems like a good way to money launder. Dirty money in account A, purchases random item and transfers clean money to account B through a legit account.
    Spoiler for next season of ozark

If you click on the bogus links with a cell phone, can it affect the phone, or just a pc?

Quote Originally Posted by FOWL MOUTH View Post
    If you click on the bogus links with a cell phone, can it affect the phone, or just a pc?
    pretty much the iphone's only weakness to hacks and virus is the safari browser. anything that takes you to safari ie links can cause havoc. i have no clue about the phones that cause the offensive green texts