Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The skinnee for 07/17/2007 (Team Avet on Board)

It tells me that they are made for powerheads and not for rock point spears.

Justify this any way you want Skippee. You're gonna do whatever you want anyway. I'm actually a little perplexed that you would even bother to respond to my bullshit. Maybe the reason that you're so defensive is that you do realize that it's wrong.

I'll be in Charleston in two weeks and we can talk about it then, face to face with Carla Dee as our moderator. I'll buy the beer. Does Modelo Especial sound good to you?

it dont tell me shit, i admitted not knowing anything about robin hooding fish. guess my sarcasm smiley didnt show up...........

as far as my beef is you admitted that vis sucked and tracking wounded fish was tough but you kept plugging away. thats where my analogy of flicking sticks at deer on a rainy day came in.

you keep doing what you need to do. keep posting the "skinnees" everytime your boat leaves the dock and eventually you'll develop the cult following you are so badly trying to establish. I was directed over to charlestons fishing site and it seems like a few people think the way i
    do. you got issues man....you relish controversy way too much and i cant figure out someones personality who basically cuts and pastes reports on multiple sites and can never be wrong on anything??? Do you post on this site because your monday-friday is that uneventful and boring you need conflict to get thru the day? it seems to me thats all you get when you post
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

ps: college humor.com is my new favorite site

she aint very ugly
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Originally posted by Fish:
    It tells me that they are made for powerheads and not for rock point spears.

Justify this any way you want Skippee. You're gonna do whatever you want anyway. I'm actually a little perplexed that you would even bother to respond to my bullshit. Maybe the reason that you're so defensive is that you do realize that it's wrong.

I'll be in Charleston in two weeks and we can talk about it then, face to face with Carla Dee as our moderator. I'll buy the beer. Does Modelo Especial sound good to you?
    Absolutely. CD will take my side though. It will be a 2-1 vote on who wins this argument and then you will be forced to pick up the tab.

I'm not defensive (although it's hard to say, "I am not defensive" in response to being called "defensive" as you are defending the fact that you aren't defensive... Fuck it, nevermind). I'm still going to be freeshafting next week. I just enjoy a good intronet debate...
    Kill them all...

Originally posted by sprigdog:
    as far as my beef is you admitted that vis sucked and tracking wounded fish was tough but you kept plugging away. thats where my analogy of flicking sticks at deer on a rainy day came in.

you keep doing what you need to do. keep posting the "skinnees" everytime your boat leaves the dock and eventually you'll develop the cult following you are so badly trying to establish. I was directed over to charlestons fishing site and it seems like a few people think the way i
    do. you got issues man....you relish controversy way too much and i cant figure out someones personality who basically cuts and pastes reports on multiple sites and can never be wrong on anything??? Do you post on this site because your monday-friday is that uneventful and boring you need conflict to get thru the day? it seems to me thats all you get when you post
    Yeah, I've been posting on CF.com for years now. I fight the good fight. You are right though. When you take a hard stance on something, 50% of the crowd agrees and the other 50% of the crowd hates you for it. That's okay, I am happy with the friends that I have. I wasn't looking for any more this week, but once I have a position open, I will let you know.

I'm not adverse to taking advice from guys like Fish (or you for that matter), but we just happen to have what we call a "difference of opinion" here. I respect Fish for having a different opinion and fighting for it, but I just don't agree with it. I've had some pretty good teachers that are very proven spearo's and I tend to appreciate their position a little more since I know them and have seem them shoot. Plus, I do my homework. I read up on the topic and experiment with things myself. Like I said before, I've done both the tether thing (hated it) and the free shaft thing. If you read any site like www.spearboard.com, etc, you will find that the tethers are for a select few (mostly newbies). The "way to go" by the pro's where powerheads are illegal is freeshaft. I am not trying to re-invent the wheel here. When you are new to a sport, you do better taking advice from people who you *know* have proven themself. I'm not saying Fish isn't a proven spearfisherman and I've heard that he is a slayer of the pelagics, but while I sometimes dive with top notch spearos and see them in action, their techniques are more tangible to me.

Also, you never know what you get with viz until you hit the bottom. Have you ever duck hunted and it started pouring down with snow (thus reducing viz)? I have and I sure as hell didn't hop out of the blind and back into the Z71 and take my costas from around my neck (backwards). Would you? Like you said, you are not a diver so you really have no clue what you are talking about. Viz is a weird thing. You can get great viz on one dive, move 2 miles away and get shitty viz. You can't just come back up (bounce dive) and re-rig your gun. Once you get to the bottom, you must stay there for a little while unless you want to get bent.

Trust me, I care about the resource. It makes me sick to see a fish swim off with a hole in it, but that is an exception to the rule, not the norm. I have bad days shooting once in a while, but I've lost just as many fish on a line shaft as with a free shaft.

Also, how many fish do you think I wounded? It really wasn't that many.
    Kill them all...

Originally posted by SkinneeJ:

Also, you never know what you get with viz until you hit the bottom. Have you ever duck hunted and it started pouring down with snow (thus reducing viz)? I have and I sure as hell didn't hop out of the blind and back into the Z71 and take my costas from around my neck (backwards). Would you? Like you said, you are not a diver so you really have no clue what you are talking about. Viz is a weird thing. You can get great viz on one dive, move 2 miles away and get shitty viz. You can't just come back up (bounce dive) and re-rig your gun. Once you get to the bottom, you must stay there for a little while unless you want to get bent.
    there goes that assuming over the internet again, i never said i didnt know anything about diving just spearing.

like i said, keep them coming...i do believe your losing your edge, kind of like that D.A.N thing i threw out to let you know i may have a clue about breathing underwater....google it, you may learn something

and THANK YOU for putting me on your buddy list, let me know when i move to within 3 positions

You are a resort diver. Not a real diver. Otherwise you would have known about the viz.
    Kill them all...

Originally posted by SkinneeJ:
    You are a resort diver. Not a real diver. Otherwise you would have known about the viz.
    i made(younger life) my living underwater...you phucking idiot
    gee..i dive with a spear gun maybe 15 times a year, i'm cool......i just lost all respect i had for you with that comment, yes, i had a little.
    your problem is you dont know when to quit typing, almighty Mr skineej. I enjoyed our banter, a comment like that just proves its about ego with you....it aint no fun posting if no one replies, i'm done with you.

I think I just pushed the wrong button. No need to get so upset. The "resort diver" comment is the oldest one in the book. I was just messing with you.

I don't really see why you lost your cool there. You weren't the one being called irresponsible and unethical. It's true that I do like to stir the pot sometimes, but remember, all I did was post a report.
    Kill them all...

Originally posted by 2thDoc:
    If this doesn't work, I need someone to give me some pills....for ME to survive 4 days with him.

STRONG pills, please.
    Get enough for both of us.... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....