Thread: Cottonmouth Boats

Default Cottonmouth Boats

Does anyone have any experience with Cottonmouth boats? I’ve narrowed it down to either a Prodigy Core or Cottonmouth but don’t know a lot about them. They are closer and thus far have been far more responsive in communication.
    For the ducks

Nobody?
    For the ducks

Give Uncle J's a look, Jason is a great guy to work with.
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.

Quote Originally Posted by ceddy View Post
    Nobody?
    I know they partnered early on and seemed to pair well with Copperhead mud motors but not sure how their higher end boats are doing. Are you looking for a mud boat?
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    I know they partnered early on and seemed to pair well with Copperhead mud motors but not sure how their higher end boats are doing. Are you looking for a mud boat?
    Yep, where I hunt out here is rough and need a mud boat just so I don’t destroy an outboard getting around. Loved the Low Country I had but sold it while we were back in SC and want to try something else.
    For the ducks

You back in AR?

Uncle J makes a great boat but also check out Extreme Metal Fabrication. There are 100's of boat builders in La but don't discredit the ones that build out of their garage in Pierre Part, LA.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Back in AR now. Just too good of a place and people to stay away.

I like the Uncle J boats but they are very high and build times are long but will contact them. I’ll also check out the extreme metal fabrication guys. I’m talking to a small builder out of Hammond as well. I’m talking with several but problem is looking like getting a motor at the moment.
    For the ducks

Awesome! Glad to hear you're back out there!

Might be worth buying a nice used rig. As pitiful as duck season was last year for many folks there are plenty of mud rigs for sale.

I had two buddies building Hanko boats and it took 6-8 months to get outboards for them.

I have been looking at used boats/motors and have found some good boats but motors are ragged out for the price they’re asking. Motors are definitely going to be the downfall. I wanted the GatorTail, but all I can find is mud buddy and go devil. May end up going with the go devil. Pro drive doesn’t even have enough motors this year for all of their boats. I believe they only had 100 new motors for the year.
    For the ducks

Prodigy has a core boat sitting on their yard right now for sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    I dunno, but being a good duck hunter and shooting woodducks have nothing in common.

You know any real good dove hunters?

Fun as hell, but.....

Funny thing about Prodigy, their customer service sucks now. I asked about buying that exact boat today and they can’t give me a hard price. I’ve had to beg them every step of the way to work with me on building me a boat. And I really wanted a prodigy. I priced them twice before and the first time wasn’t good timing but worked directly with the owner. The second I went another direction (Low Country) but they were very helpful and still left me wanting to go with their boat one day. Prodigy is now out of the running and won’t be again. I’m not going to buy a product of that caliber while begging for them to work with me, especially with as much free time as they seem to have to post videos of new builds. I’ll spend the money with a builder that wants my business.
    For the ducks