Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waller?

Default Waller?

If you look in front of the coyote there is a dark spot on the ground that hogs keep tearing up. So a few days ago I put up a camera so I could tell what's going on. It looks like they are wallering. I've never seen a hog waller in dry dirt?

1396CE96-887B-4148-B6CA-1F875A9F2110.jpeg
    Last edited by StrutnBPS; 03-05-2022 at 01:54 PM.

Why not post the pictures of the hogs?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Colin4 View Post
    Why not post the pictures of the hogs?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Because they haven't been to the spot since I put up the camera a few days ago.

Screw the hogs that’s a cool yote

Quote Originally Posted by Gone South View Post
    Screw the hogs that’s a cool yote
    We have a lot of black ones in this area, but that's the darkest I've ever seen.

Waiting for the pictures of the turkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Waiting for the pictures of the turkeys.
    I wish that tract did have turkeys. Whenever I first got it 3 or so years ago, it had a decent flock. They all disappeared.

if you call that a spot "hogs are tearing up," you have some really nice hogs.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    We have a lot of black ones in this area, but that's the darkest I've ever seen.
    They're takin' over the neighborhood...
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    if you call that a spot "hogs are tearing up," you have some really nice hogs.
    Trust me, they are doing a number to my roads and food plots. I took my tiller and tilled for about an hour the other day trying to level out my roads. The spot in the picture is just odd. It will smoothen over and turn to white again then the hogs will show up. They don't root it, it's like they wallow in it.

Any farming in the past? Someone may have dumped ag chemical there. I have seen hogs using spots where tanks were emptied by lazy shitheads that hogs used similarly...

Do ya'll remember my hog bait recipe? I bet someone used it there.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Do ya'll remember my hog bait recipe? I bet someone used it there.
    I have used it for the last year. It’s worked well but only seems to attract boars. That would be great if I only wanted Instagram pictures, but I’d like to get some sows for the freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Any farming in the past? Someone may have dumped ag chemical there. I have seen hogs using spots where tanks were emptied by lazy shitheads that hogs used similarly...
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    It was years ago before the timber company bought it. Whenever I done a soil sample on the property the P was off the charts. Was told by the guy at Southern States that it must have been a tobacco farm or used a lot of chicken litter? I do remember there being a few old hydraulic fluid buckets from the timber crew a few yards from that spot. So that may have been it.

I honestly don't know why the hogs are hanging around on the property. It's nothing, but sand and pine trees.

Dude had a hydro line repair or oil change going on in that spot last time it was logged...
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Dude had a hydro line repair or oil change going on in that spot last time it was logged...
    Ya, since JAB mentioned it, I almost bet that's what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    Trust me, they are doing a number to my roads and food plots. I took my tiller and tilled for about an hour the other day trying to level out my roads. The spot in the picture is just odd. It will smoothen over and turn to white again then the hogs will show up. They don't root it, it's like they wallow in it.
    i did an experiment one time after hearing about canadian loggers having to build special guards around hydraulics hoses bc the bears came at night and chewed them all up.

I put out corn in two lines. on one line, i broke several EPA laws and dumped some used hydraulic fluid all over it. the hogs not only ate that corn first, they ate the dirt too.

so, in all honesty, I cleaned up all the spilled fluid.

but that still aint a wallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    I have used it for the last year. It’s worked well but only seems to attract boars. That would be great if I only wanted Instagram pictures, but I’d like to get some sows for the freezer.
    kinda like buck corn?

I can assure you there arent male only attractants. (__________________ insert joke here)

kinda like buck corn?

I can assure you there arent male only attractants. (__________________ insert joke here)
    but do you even remember my hog attractant recipe?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

i did an experiment one time after hearing about canadian loggers having to build special guards around hydraulics hoses bc the bears came at night and chewed them all up.

I put out corn in two lines. on one line, i broke several EPA laws and dumped some used hydraulic fluid all over it. the hogs not only ate that corn first, they ate the dirt too.

so, in all honesty, I cleaned up all the spilled fluid.

but that still aint a wallow.
    You could be right. That's what the camera is for.