Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Upstate

Default The Upstate

Damn at the bare dirt and I don't mean farmland...

Real estate land? I told the better half just the other day that it depressed me to see the county I grew up in turn into cookie cutter 100+ home subdivisions in every corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

It's insane.

After I talked to you, I went down to Simpleville and it didn't get any better. These mountains will be a buffer for about a minute at this rate...

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Real estate land? I told the better half just the other day that it depressed me to see the county I grew up in turn into cookie cutter 100+ home subdivisions in every corner.
    Only going to get worse.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian" - Henry Ford

Yessir. I was told last week that on Friday there were less than 1,000,000 homes for sale in the country so inventory is a lot of what is pushing this. Thing is, those are mostly not houses going up on all that ugly red dirt...

Yes it's freaking awful! I'm smack dab in the middle of it in the 5 Forks area. Looking to buy land now to build on and get the hell outta dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    Yes it's freaking awful! I'm smack dab in the middle of it in the 5 Forks area. Looking to buy land now to build on and get the hell outta dodge.
    Oh lord. Five Forks is the new Woodruff Road and Reidville Road in the 'burg is becoming the new Five Forks.

I don't know but glad I left the burg coming up on 30/yrs ago. Wish I would have bought more land down here back then but we still pretty private. The rest of the lake has turned into yankeeville, SC and alot of them from colorado and californication. Can't say I blame them for leaving. Hardly nothing for sale and what is is bringing 50k over asking and selling in days not weeks. Crazy I tell ya
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

York county will be all pavement in less than 10 years. shit, maybe 5. We are moving soon.

30 years ago, I could drive to town at night, about ten miles, without the headlights on. Slaya and I did it one night going camping. There were few houses and not many cars on the roads at night. These days you don’t need headlights because of all of yard lights lined down every road. It makes me sad.

At least they’re all named Farm, Plantation, Glenn or something catchy.

It’s a crap hole.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Oh lord. Five Forks is the new Woodruff Road and Reidville Road in the 'burg is becoming the new Five Forks.
    Yessir it's awful! Trying to figure out now what the happy medium would be. Woodruff, Fountain Inn, Gray Court, hell maybe Landrum? Crazy what it's come to around here.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

SC is the new Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    Yessir it's awful! Trying to figure out now what the happy medium would be. Woodruff, Fountain Inn, Gray Court, hell maybe Landrum? Crazy what it's come to around here.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Landrum? The new horse rink up there has driven everything out of sight. G luck. And 5 Forks is actually Woodruff Rd Glenn. Just sayin.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    Landrum? The new horse rink up there has driven everything out of sight. G luck. And 5 Forks is actually Woodruff Rd Glenn. Just sayin.
    Yep! That far out it was pretty dang quiet and peaceful. Not no mo.

100 acres that borders my parents land where I grew up just got bought by Lennar homes. City council meeting said 250 houses.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Yep! That far out it was pretty dang quiet and peaceful. Not no mo.
    You’re right. Drove out to Woodruff about every weekend tot ate them fishing and just past the cemetery at 14 used to be about the end of it. Now it’s on down through there and a damn traffic circle.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

SC swampcat aint lying, i was up visiting family in powdersville yesterday. Damn all that traffic,

Cherokee county, don't tell no Yankees.
    Low country redneck who moved north