Thread: Deer to human transmission

Default Deer to human transmission

First Possible Case of Deer Spreading COVID-19 to a Human Discovered in Canada
    Experts say the discovery raises a red flag, but it's not very alarming, either. The risk of deer transmitting the virus to humans remains quite low

BY DAC COLLINS | PUBLISHED MAR 3, 2022 2:04 PM

The first case of a whitetail deer contracting COVID-19 was confirmed last summer in Ohio. Scientists and public health officials were concerned not necessarily for the deer, but for the potential of transmission—potentially in a new strain—back to humans. Hunters, who come in closer contact with deer than just about anyone else, were a particular focus of concern, with state agencies even telling hunters to mask up while field dressing deer. Last fall, we dug into the risks surrounding whitetails and coronavirus, asking this exact question: Can deer give humans coronavirus? At the time, there was no evidence showing that humans can get COVID from live infected deer. Well, apparently, now there is.
    Last month, Canadian researchers discovered the first possible case of a whitetail deer spreading COVID-19 to a human. They shared a research paper explaining their discovery to bioRxiv on Feb. 25. After analyzing samples from 298 whitetail deer that were killed by hunters in southwestern Ontario during fall 2021, the researchers found that 17 of those deer tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. Furthermore, their analysis revealed that the deer had a unique and “highly divergent lineage” of the virus.
    https://www.outdoorlife.com/hunting/...ovid-to-human/

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/02/healt...eer/index.html

Reckon yall will have to just quit hunting them now.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I'd be more worried about bird flu turning into something that kills humans. Biden took his mask off. He defeated covid for us.

I'm more afraid of that tick-borne illness that makes you allergic to red meat.

My wife has it bad. I'm about sick of chicken and salmon.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I'm more afraid of that tick-borne illness that makes you allergic to red meat.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I'd be more worried about bird flu turning into something that kills humans. Biden took his mask off. He defeated covid for us.
    Yea Buddy. FJB
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

We could institute a mandatory dart-gun vaccine campaign. Throw a couple of billion dollars to the state DNRs.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 03-06-2022 at 02:16 AM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    My wife has it bad. I'm about sick of chicken and salmon.
    This. I know a couple people that have it - seeing them with it first hand has made me a religious user of permethrin especially in the spring for turkey season.

In my experience deer are pretty good at social distancing from humans.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.