Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trainer recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by BMAC_ducks View Post
    Alton Trotter in Easley, hes trained many english cockers and labs for that matter.
    Can't find any contact info on this guy. Do you have one?

Near Camden.

I would be surprised if Rhett would take on a cocker. I would ask him where to go.
    Last edited by rp; 03-03-2022 at 05:37 PM.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Near Camden.

I would be surprised if Rhett would take on a cocker. I would ask him where to go.
    Why would you be surprised of that? He and many other of the top retriever trainers in the southeast take on Boykins all the time. You think a Boykin and a Cocker are that much different?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Manners training first, please. If your vet can't do a physical exam, trim nails or look at face, eyes and ears without fighting it then non of the other stuff matters.

90% of the "trained and titled" dogs I see need a 2x4 between the eyes. They're ill mannered and entitled like a spoiled child.
    I hope mine are the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Near Camden.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    Why would you be surprised of that? He and many other of the top retriever trainers in the southeast take on Boykins all the time. You think a Boykin and a Cocker are that much different?
    Because they are different, and they don't take "all" Boykins either....

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    Can't find any contact info on this guy. Do you have one?
    Mr. Trotter has retired from training dogs. I hate that he is no longer training. He has trained 3 English Cockers for me and a boatload for other people. As someone else posted above, training an English Cocker is different than a Lab. They are wired differently and each one is different. He had them figured out.

it takes a special trainer to train a spaniel and not take the hunt out of the dog.

one of the breeders mentioned on here has ruined many a good dog.
    Windows Down!

If you’re around Camden/Lugoff/Columbia…check out Hollidays Kennels. Dillon is first class! He mostly trains flushing dogs and has so world class field trial dogs. He uses our place to train! DM me and I’d be happy to give you his number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    Are these guys located in NC? Also interested in contact number of you have one
    This guy is the real deal.

EB7E4231-D33C-478B-A5AB-1DD3B4DE91A8.jpg
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    I hope mine are the exception.

Exactly what I was thinking.
    Yours indeed are.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    Yes. Boykins have a lot more in them than spaniel blood.

Spaniels I see now are English spaniels and are used for flushing. Not pointing or retrieving. A slightly heavier biuld that American spaniels which have been bred to be about stupid by show breeders.

I once had an American cocker in the 80's that I used for retrieving until a mallard about kicked her ass in Lake Murray on a long retrieve. Then I went to labs.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I second Rock Haven I live about 5 min from them and they are the real deal.