Thread: Sunflower Pre emergent

Default Sunflower Pre emergent

What have you been having the best luck with? I have been using generic dual magnum the last few years with fair results. Was thinking about trying something new this year? Any good results with prowl, warrant, or Spartan? I have tried Trifluralin in the past and it didnt do much. Rain incorporating or lightly discing the chemical in?

Default Sunflower Pre emergent

I use dual magnum or prowl with Spartan with great results. I spray right after I plant. Best to do it right before a rain.
    Last edited by ducribb; 03-02-2022 at 05:28 PM.

We have two large dove fields I had amazing success with zidua in one field and virtually no luck in the other. Pigweed was insane but the field with the most pigweed we had a barn burner almost every hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Warrant did not work well for me. I tried it two different years. We had above average rainfall but the weeds got out of hand quickly. Sandier loam soil in Lee County.

Any suggestions on which preemergent that helps the best with horse nettle? That seems to be the only weed I still have problems with.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlover View Post
    Any suggestions on which preemergent that helps the best with horse nettle? That seems to be the only weed I still have problems with.
    Not Cadre. Someone on here said that you have to hit horse nettle with a contact herbicide while it's blooming to get any effect.

with a brush

Tommy--i'm gonna send you my dewees schedule and you see what you can fit in for me. have gun, will travel
    TIA
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by ducribb View Post
    I use dual magnum or prowl with Spartan with great results. I spray right after I plant. Best to do it right before a rain.
    That looks really pretty
    Bad day at fishing is better than a good day at work.

I planted Sunday before going out of town on Monday, with a 70% chance of rain in the forecast for Tuesday. Of course my wife texts and says we didn't get a drop of rain in the gauge. I sprayed Dual Magnum and Spartan Charge. The next chance of rain is Saturday and Sunday between 30% and 50%. How screwed am I as far as pre-emergent goes?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Your not screwed Scout, you’re just not going to have optimal results.

Last couple years we have been using Valor and Warrant with good results. Switching back to Spartan Charge and Duel Magnum this year just to switch it up. Planted corn on Monday before the rain. Having to wait till the next good chance of rain before putting the sunflowers in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

I've used Broadaxe for the last several seasons with fair to good results on grass and pigweed....its a premix of Dual and Spartan sprayed pre-emerge. I hope to get started planting tomorrow(Saturday) but rain is scheduled back in our area by mid-afternoon Saturday. We havent been able to plant anything this month due to the rain that shows up every 3 or 4 days.....and the cool temps and wind havent helped with the crappie biting either......ugh