Thread: $$$ for Copperheads!

Default $$$ for Copperheads!

I’ll be heading to SC the week of March 15th and will be in the midlands through the 29th then in the mountains from the 29th through April 7th. If anyone happens upon a copperhead and would Typically kill it without financial incentive, I’ll pay you 2$/inch of undamaged skin for snakes up to 42” and 3$/inch for snakes 43” and up. I’ll be doing a lot of turkey hunting and fishing, but I’m willing to drive pretty much anywhere in the state and will come to pick them up from you until I hit the mountains on the 29th…then I’ll have to limit my travels to ~1.5 hours from the Seneca area. That said, we can figure something out if you happen to run into a good copperhead.

If you are interested and are a snake killer, please try to shoot the snake in head only or damage as little behind the head as possible by whatever means you use to dispatch it, as I need the skin intact and with as few and as small holes as possible, as these will be used for waterproofing bow backings.

If you would not ordinarily kill a copperhead when you run across one, please don’t kill the snake. I’m not encouraging anyone to go kill a snake simply for the money, but if you are one of the many who will kill every copperhead you see regardless, then I want to pay you for your extra work of hauling it back to your home, sticking it in a plastic bag, freezing it, and holding it until I can arrange pickup.

PM me if you get one with the approximate length, as I will call an end to this if by some miracle I get more than I need or if I see I’m about to go broke.

I’ll consider paying the same for any other nicely patterned snake and will always take Cottonmouths off your hands if your willing to give them to me, but copperheads are top of my list right now.

Thanks for reading and your consideration.

Jab…any possibility of stickying this for the next few weeks? Thanks!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Are there many snake hunters left?

Keith Taylor (RIP) and his crew from Cayce used to flip tin and car hoods all over the lowcountry catching them. I've never seen so many copperheads and canebrakes.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Got you. Tman was looking for someone to do a snakeskin wallet, if you missed it...

https://scducks.com/forum/showthread...lesnake-wallet

Appreciate the sticky man. I’ve never done any leather/stitching work, but you can do a quick and easy glycerol tan to any snake, and anyone with YouTube and the desire to give it a shot could make a wallet fairly easily.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!