Thread: Pen Raised Sage Grouse....Wyoming

Default Pen Raised Sage Grouse....Wyoming

https://projectupland.com/hunting-po...d-sage-grouse/

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Wielicki spreading his wings. pun intended.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Yuck...saw where some yutz figured out how to rear ruffed grouse in a pen and sell them. To each their own but damn. Just damn.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Huge waste of money and resources.

Has there ever been a game bird population restored through released pen raised birds? If so, I've never heard of it. I know of several tracts that had a few wild covies of quail when they started releasing. Now they have no wild birds. I can't say its cause and effect, bit it certainly didn't reverse the decline.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    Has there ever been a game bird population restored through released pen raised birds? If so, I've never heard of it. I know of several tracts that had a few wild covies of quail when they started releasing. Now they have no wild birds. I can't say its cause and effect, bit it certainly didn't reverse the decline.
    The whole "Quail Success" model is bullshit.

A bird that was so populous in my own lifetime that we would occasionally bump a covey inside the city limits of Columbia (Shandon), and every open field on Bluff Road had birds.

It is a "success" that you need to spend a fortune on large tracts to have them? Great.

Now someone will be along to tell us that there were no mallards on the Atlantic Flyway and that they are all tamies because they listened to a podcast about the dna of a mounted bird sourced from NOBODY KNOWS WHERE...

I really want to kill a sage grouse one day ... I'd be really disappointed if it was raised by a human.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I really want to kill a sage grouse one day ... I'd be really disappointed if it was raised by a human.
    Put Prairie Chickens on the list too. The hunting for them is already limited. I have fine examples of each mounted in my bird collection. It's a fine way to spend a day walking behind a dog in some big , open wild country. You can hear a cock booming for quite a ways. Super cool birds.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

They know how to put on a display for sure. I would love to just observe that. I have shot some grouse and hey cool, but I have seen them walking their log strutting and drumming, too. That is way more fun and takes a lot of sneaky to pull off intentionally...

Yes sir.

Super cool to be listening to a Gobbler rattling off on the limb and see or hear one of his Ruffed cousins drum and display in response. I enjoy the sounds grouse make. Soon.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

i'm obviously in the "leopold" phase of my maturity as a sportsman....

but every critter we try to save, we kill.

the end
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I remember there being several covies that lived in the shrubbery along Kathwood.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i'm obviously in the "leopold" phase of my maturity as a sportsman....

but every critter we try to save, we kill.

the end
    And there are people on this site that say they know people who have plenty of wild quail,...,but are keeping it a secret.

I laugh everytime I hear that.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk