Thread: CMC tilt/trim switch

Default CMC tilt/trim switch

Ok I did this probably 5 or 6 years ago and took it off, however I’m about to have to rewire the whole thing.

There is a way to hook up the trim switch onto the throttle handle of the old small style tiller by taking off the rubber grip and replacing it with a different one. What I can’t remember is do you replace it with a new Yamaha big tiller grip with the switch on it, or do you use Suzuki?

There is a thread on here asking from way back when, but it’s not real clear.
    Last edited by Buckin Bronco; 02-21-2022 at 11:57 AM.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

following. This is one mod that I know I'd enjoy

I used a Mercury switch on my tiller handle, but its on a 50hp Mercury.

I had to cut the kill switch button out, glue in a small piece of pipe, drill and tap that piece of pipe to screw the kill switch in. Its worked for 5-6 years atleast.

Sorry this might not be specific to your setup, but the Mercury parts were much cheaper than the yamaha parts back when I did mine.