Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: College Baseball 2022

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Well darn, he should'a told em that Dabo didn't make the ACC tournament either,
    so what's the big deal?
    Is that what the coot coaches tell Tanner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I hope for Landon's sake he avoids UofSC for a long long time. He's got a good thing going at NGU and I would hate to see him jump into that dumpster fire in Columbia. Ray Tanner needs to be gone and the BOT needs to be stable before any up and comer coach comes to Columbia. Hate it for him, buts that's the way I see it. UofSC is shit hole right now.
    Can’t when till you get recruits. Gotta get somebody in here that can sell the program and remembers what it’s like to win.

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    Can’t when till you get recruits. Gotta get somebody in here that can sell the program and remembers what it’s like to win.

He's not the one that needs to take that chance. I felt the same way when BJ's name surfaced for the basketball job. You come in under Ray it makes it that much more difficult if you don't succeed. Ray needs to go before ANY alumni are hired... period, dot, end. Unfortunately he won't be gone until a new president is in place.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I’d have to agree. I don’t remember how old he is but he’s still relatively new. He’d do well to stay where he is and get some experience before jumping into a bigger job IMO
    He's not that young, you (including myself) are just getting old. If I remember right, he left the year before I got there, so 2004. Landon's probably pushing 39 or 40 now. My thought, worst case scenario, he can always land a job at a lower level D1, his pick of a D2 if he flopped at USC. He would not have to worry about ever getting to D3 of NAIA (he'd probably have a job in the minor leagues if he needed one in a pinch due to his MLB experience).

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    He's not that young, you (including myself) are just getting old. If I remember right, he left the year before I got there, so 2004. Landon's probably pushing 39 or 40 now. My thought, worst case scenario, he can always land a job at a lower level D1, his pick of a D2 if he flopped at USC. He would not have to worry about ever getting to D3 of NAIA (he'd probably have a job in the minor leagues if he needed one in a pinch due to his MLB experience).
    Landon is my age I believe, 40