Thread: topwater trout

Took my son ystdy and after a few hours of stingrays we found the trout. Caught 6 and lost 6 and had at least 30 strikes. That stuff will get yer heart pumping. All fish were caught on top water and all keepers will be released in peanut oil tonight. We will also be eating the leftover bait,softshell crabs. My son caught the 3 biggest on an ultralight rig. He's hooked.
    easy livin'

good job!

you got to love the topwater bite! Have you ever tried to use the Sammie lures? I had pretty good luck with them last fall. They are alot easier to work that zara spooks.

Did you get any pics of your boy with his fish?
    TEAM MONCKS CORNER MARINE<br /><br />17\' Excel W/ 45 HYPERDRIVE<br />PIONEER 220 Baysport F250 yamaha

No pics of the fish. We got in after dark and I cleaned them the next day and then we enjoyed them that night. It's hard for me to turn a trout loose. Where are these sammie lures. I have boycotted anglers due to sorry service.
    easy livin'

they make a saltwater version that you could probably get at Haddrells or B&B.

The only local people that would have a good freshwater selection would be short stay. Richard has a great selection of tackle, but it is a long drive.

Hopefully somebody will open a local tackle shop that will serve the sville, mc, gc area. It sucks having to go all the way to Mt.P. or JI everytime you need good tackle.

I dont blame you for releasing the trout in some good oil, just serve it with grits and cheese
    TEAM MONCKS CORNER MARINE<br /><br />17\' Excel W/ 45 HYPERDRIVE<br />PIONEER 220 Baysport F250 yamaha

this is a sammie

notice the head. it makes the lure "walk the dog" so much easier. it really takes very little work to get the lure going. they are also thinner than a zara spook to!!!!!

I have a few of those. thanks. what color do you prefer?
    easy livin'

i like something natural looking, with a lot of silver or grey in it. I have never really tried the wild colors, they may work, but i like natural looking stuff.