Thread: Never give up

Default Never give up

Longest that I know of personally was 8 years...

California dog reunited with family after missing for 12 years

Zoey the dog had been missing for so long, the company that manufactures her microchip had listed her as "deceased."

Feb. 20, 2022
    By Kalhan Rosenblatt

A dog in California was reunited with her owner after going missing 12 years ago, according to the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office.

The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office received a call about a stray dog that had been dropped off on a rural property just outside Stockton, California, on Feb. 10.

Animal Service Officer Brandon Levin retrieved the dog, who was reportedly old and unwell, according to the sheriff's office.

After being scanned, it was revealed the dog's name was Zoey and she had gone missing from Lafayette, California, in 2010.

"We got her at the pound when she was six months old with her twin sister ... they were with us for about six months and then we went to the store for about 20 minutes and came back and she was missing,” said Zoey's owner Michelle after being reunited with Zoey.

Officers were able to reunite Michelle and Zoey after determining that Michelle had kept the same phone number after more than a decade.

It's unclear when Michelle and Zoey were reunited. The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office posted about the reunion on Friday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ears-rcna16992

By the point I'd wonder if the dog even remembers the original owner.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    By the point I'd wonder if the dog even remembers the original owner.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    More than likely it does. I don't think dogs have a short memory. I had a lab one time that left my house and showed up at my parents 3 days later. This was roughly 5ish years since I had moved out. He traveled about 5 miles they way the crow flies to get there.

FORT MYERS, Fla. (Video from WINK via CNN) —
    A missing dog has been reunited with his family after eight years.

The family says their dog, Harley was only a few years old when he went missing in Lee County, Florida, from their house in February 2014.

“I turned them out to go to the bathroom,” Betsy DeHaan told WINK News. “Turned my back for a second and they went off into the woods and we went looking and never found Harley.”

Despite frantic searching, the family wasn't able to find Harley.

“We searched and cruised and looked and put up posters and sent out the wanted, missing pet and just never stopped looking for him,” DeHaan told WINK News.

They felt hopeless after not finding Harley.

When they later moved to Missouri, the family didn't get another dog, deeply missing Harley.

Harley was found in San Carlos Park by a woman, Angie Bray, and her friend.

“The dog was so sweet, super well-behaved. Seemed as happy as can be aside from being really skinny. He had some really overgrown nails,” Bray told WINK News.

DeHaan was contacted after Bray took Harley to the Cypress Lake Animal Hospital and Lee County Domestic Animal Service.

Harley was microchipped, which played an important role in locating Harley's family and reuniting them.

When she got the news, DeHaan was in disbelief.

“We got the text on Saturday and I’m like, 'Is this a scam?' Because we were talking about him that morning. You know, what an amazing dog and where could Harley be. Is he still out there? And I got the text," DeHaan told WINK News.

"And you know, you think Google always picks up on your advertisement? I’m like, this is a scam,” DeHaan told WINK News. “This is not real.”

Reports say DeHaan drove all the way from Missouri — about 1, 100 miles —to reunite with Harley.

DeHaan cried as she finally saw Harley again.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/missin...orida/40537686