Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Project

Default New Project

2FD41891-F42D-48A0-B38A-E59063BE2C34.jpg
    8D23D493-E84E-420C-9121-952CEFE49380.jpg

Picked this up at a consignment store. Pretty smooth on the inside and lightweight. Has the remains of three legs and a gate mark. No idea what manufacturer but it’s in pretty good shape. Only took a couple of hours to clean up the outside, and got a few coats of seasoning on it last night.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

That's a left-handed skillet.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Damn sure is.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

It looks like it needed those legs to sit flush.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    It looks like it needed those legs to sit flush.
    I think that originally the legs were to hold it up over the fire on wood burning stoves. It sits flush on the stovetop now that they are worn down.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Nice.

I'm a lefty and can appreciate that someone made a special order back in the day.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    truth
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

E207A305-3A1A-4620-8D68-F9F15AB8EE17.jpg
    745FFA50-938E-41F3-81BB-A32FA149C12A.jpg

Cleaned up pretty nice. Sits level and distributes oil evenly. If you tilt it, the egg slides like it’s floating.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    :look:

Want.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I have quite a few old Griswolds. Some without a grease pour. Talked to a knife maker friend who is a blacksmith too. He tells me he can heat up the cast iron and pound out a pour on the right side to make me a LH Skillet... going to get one to him and find out.

Thanks for the inspiration.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I am right handed. I had to install a mirror behind the stove to use it.

12 bucks at a consignment store.

E8905C0B-0BF3-4CD1-A132-59A9952CF8F9.jpg
    Got this one as well.
    It’s not so old but in great shape. Gonna refinish it for my MIL.

Very nice.

When my parents died, I found a box of cast iron that was almost too heavy to lift. All kinds of old goodies in it. I think I have cooked in all of them.

Favorite is probably the lil cornbread skillet.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

That and an Aebelskiver pan. Not many folks have one of those. I know it has been in my family over 100 years.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I have my grandma’s and my moms, and several others, but wanted something older and lighter. The one at the top of the thread is pre-1890 and is really lightweight. It’s already my favorite.

now you are talking my language.

Save your elbow grease and build you a electrolysis tank. Its like cooking on a big green egg; set it and forget it. The crud and rust will wipe right off.

I have a nice small collection that we cook with exclusively. Even have and Abelskiver pan. The kids love those.

My next project is a 3 burner griswold laundry burner that wife gave me for Christmas . Looks like this one, not quite this bad though.

burner.JPG
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaang... that is cool.

My kids love Christmas morning when I make Aebelskivers. I put chocolate chips in them at their request. Dust in powdered sugar of course.

My Great Grandmother made them stuffed with Gold Raisins, apples or apricots. Sometimes with Boysenberries if she had them. Great memories.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post

Save your elbow grease and build you a electrolysis tank. Its like cooking on a big green egg; set it and forget it. The crud and rust will wipe right off.
    No truer words were ever spoken. I made an electrolysis tank last week, and refinished 4 pans easily this weekend in my spare time. Thanks for the tip.

A44B548F-4905-423D-A5DC-DF88688C8533.jpg
    782D4008-F24A-4B04-A649-F01BD2F19269.jpg

Found this old bean pot in my dad’s shed after he passed in Jan. A couple days in the electrolysis tank and a few coats of seasoning, it turned out pretty nice.

13A4E018-30A8-4ACB-9B6D-24918A49A1F6.jpg
    A52F1E72-1117-4B1C-9CBA-D2EB268C7FD8.jpg

Nice. Also I would not let someone pound on a Griswold.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.