Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cordless Tools

I just bought a set of Rigid from Home Depot. Think they are on sale now for like $550sih. If you are a veteran you can get 10% off there. My kit had everything you asked for.

Milwaukee M18 all day long, M12 if you need compact or lightweight. I have an M12 socket wrench/driver and that sucker is a game changer. Kick the shit out of my Milwaukee stuff in the woods and it hasn't failed me yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckhunter99 View Post
    I just bought a set of Rigid from Home Depot. Think they are on sale now for like $550sih. If you are a veteran you can get 10% off there. My kit had everything you asked for.
    I get 10% off there & Lowes for being a Vet.

Lots of deals on Home Depot today on cordless stuff

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    That might be a winner winner chicken dinner right there. I am all about a lifetime guarantee.
    That's the best advice for the homeowner shop.

I interned for TTI when I was at Clemson. They manufacture Rigid, Ryobi, Milwaukee, and Craftsman (used to) power tools. If you saw what I saw concerning the manufacture of cordless power tools, you wouldn't worry near as much about which one you bought. Each tier is manufactured basically the same way with the same or very similar parts. The testing procedures that they go through are very different. The warranty claims are within 2/10 of a percentage point between all of the name brands mentioned here, if I remember correctly.

The warranty on the Rigid batteries is tough to beat. I don't think that HD will warranty the batteries in store any longer, but the Rigid small engine shops will do it... you just have to wait for your replacement while they hang on to your old one. A spare battery or two will get you around any wait.

For the homeowner, you don't necessarily care about marginal weight differences or any of the other things that usually get a contractors wiener to stand up.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Do not sleep on ryobi. They have come a long way. From my research they only use cheaper parts where it doesn’t really matter and better parts where it does. Their selection of different tools is only rivaled by that of Milwaukee. I would not hesitate to use ryobi as a heavy use homeowner. Really inexpensive and pretty good quality. Expanding your tool options is cost effective as well with their tool only pricing. We put ryobi on our trucks. We do water/mold/smoke restoration/mitigation work so our cordless tools aren’t getting heavy use and if the guys lose or break them doesn’t hurt as bad to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pstro View Post
    Do not sleep on ryobi. They have come a long way. From my research they only use cheaper parts where it doesn’t really matter and better parts where it does. Their selection of different tools is only rivaled by that of Milwaukee. I would not hesitate to use ryobi as a heavy use homeowner. Really inexpensive and pretty good quality. Expanding your tool options is cost effective as well with their tool only pricing. We put ryobi on our trucks. We do water/mold/smoke restoration/mitigation work so our cordless tools aren’t getting heavy use and if the guys lose or break them doesn’t hurt as bad to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I started to buy some Ryobi tools in things I don’t use a ton but still like to have a cordless version of (grinder, Brad Gun, router, jig saw, etc). They have all worked great and are built plenty good enough for any homeowner use.
    Last edited by Remy; 12-07-2022 at 06:18 AM.