Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cordless Tools

All the GOOD dock builders use them
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Been framing our house last few weeks and builder has all Dewalt stuff. Milwaukee framing gun was nailing faster than 2 Dewalt battery framing guns. Half way through the floor he went and bought a Milwaukee framing gun too. 2-3 batteries a day ain’t bad either.
    The framing nailer will be my next purchase for my Milwaukee kit. I’ve been eyeballing the m12 palm nailer as well
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

With black Friday just around the corner it won't matter the platform there will be deals to be had.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    With black Friday just around the corner it won't matter the platform there will be deals to be had.
    Let’s hope. I want a cordless impact but I’ll be damned paying full retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    The framing nailer will be my next purchase for my Milwaukee kit. I’ve been eyeballing the m12 palm nailer as well
    A cordless framing nailer is one of the best cordless tools they’ve invented. It’s extremely convenient especially for projects where you don’t have to nail a ton.

I second makita. And their bundle deals

I do construction for a living but I'm more of a desk jockey nowadays. Our crew uses Makita cordless because we got a good deal at tylertool a couple months ago. All my personal stuff is DeWalt. I say if you live close to a Lowes, get Dewalt and if you live close to a Home Depot get Milwakee. If you live close to both its a toss up.

Outside of cordless tools I have 0 brand loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by forresj View Post
    I do construction for a living but I'm more of a desk jockey nowadays. Our crew uses Makita cordless because we got a good deal at tylertool a couple months ago. All my personal stuff is DeWalt. I say if you live close to a Lowes, get Dewalt and if you live close to a Home Depot get Milwakee. If you live close to both its a toss up.

Outside of cordless tools I have 0 brand loyalty
    I’ve been looking at the impacts & Kobalt at Lowes has a helluva deal going for theirs right now. The rigid at HD is on sale as well

Batteries and wireless tools have come a long way in the last 10 years. All mentioned will work for at home. Look for the bundle deals at the big box stores. Generally three of four different tools much cheaper than buying individually. You can pick your brand as they all have bundles. Dewalt accessories seem the easiest to come by locally.
    Last edited by centurian; 11-15-2022 at 11:34 AM.

Homie Debo will have Black Friday deals on Milwaukee tools. I've seen some combo sets already on sale and other sets will get lower next week.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Homie Debo will have Black Friday deals on Milwaukee tools. I've seen some combo sets already on sale and other sets will get lower next week.
    All I really want is the 1/2 impact

Quote Originally Posted by Tugted312 View Post
    All I really want is the 1/2 impact
    Own one, it’ll impress you. Never pull out the air one anymore.

Got all the Milwaukee finish and framing nailers too. The first Gen 15ga finish nailers weren’t very good but the new model has been flawless. The framing nailer is impressive too.

And my favorite cordless tools have got to be the router and the 7 1/4” sliding compound miter saw. My crew guys commandeered the first ones so I bought another set for me. Just easy to carry and set up.

I’ll take the Milwaukee line up any day, I’ve got 5ah batteries that are 6 years old and still going. Only had one or two out of about 20-25 that have gone bad. This is daily, high demand use, not occasional weekender stuff.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 11-16-2022 at 10:51 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

The 1/2” is stout.

I have the 1/2” and 3/4” , if those can’t break it loose get the torch out.
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 11-16-2022 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Own one, it’ll impress you. Never pull out the air one anymore.

Got all the Milwaukee finish and framing nailers too. The first Gen 15ga finish nailers weren’t very good but the new model has been flawless. The framing nailer is impressive too.

And my favorite cordless tools have got to be the router and the 7 1/4” sliding compound miter saw. My crew guys commandeered the first ones so I bought another set for me. Just easy to carry and set up.

I’ll take the Milwaukee line up any day, I’ve got 5ah batteries that are 6 years old and still going. Only had one or two out of about 20-25 that have gone bad. This is daily, high demand use, not occasional weekender stuff.
    Do you have the Milwaukee battery table saw by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Do you have the Milwaukee battery table saw by chance?
    No, been thinking about it, the way we use the table saw in the field corded is better. The high demand tools require 8ah to 12ah batteries and still burn them up fast in our use. I have the concrete/demo saw, it’ll run 5 minutes or less on a heavy cut and charge. Circular saws are the same.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I love my kobalt stuff. I have everything even down to the blower and weed eater. I'm just a weekend warrior though. Never had an issue in the 5-6 years I've had the stuff

Every metabo tool I have it awesome. Except the little blower. It is garbage.

Their 71/4 saw will rip 7/16 osb all day on 2 charges
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 11-16-2022 at 11:36 PM.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    No, been thinking about it, the way we use the table saw in the field corded is better. The high demand tools require 8ah to 12ah batteries and still burn them up fast in our use. I have the concrete/demo saw, it’ll run 5 minutes or less on a heavy cut and charge. Circular saws are the same.
    Ive been thinking about one after I pick up the framing nailer but not 100% sure on it yet. I think it might be nice for ripping 1x material and pvc trim for some light duty finish work or when doing flooring but not sure it’s worth it when like you said the corded saw will do that plus the heavy stuff.

And agreed on the batteries, I have several 5ah batteries for my tools. Cross cutting 2x4s they do fine in the circular saw but I noticed one wore down pretty quick the other day cutting some PT 2x12 stringers. Not a big deal since I had others charged and ready to go but I’ve been keeping an eye out for some of the larger batteries on sale

Overall I think the Milwaukee is hard to beat, the only other comparable platform for heavy use would be DeWalt and honestly between the two its personal preference and what tools you may or may not already have on hand.
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 11-17-2022 at 05:32 AM.

Metabo by a mile.