Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gamewardens doing their thing

Had a buddy step in front of a train. Wish I could have talked to him a few minutes before.

It’s amazing to me what some people go through and still can do life, and what some don’t go through and can’t hold it together. We are all different.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    The better question is, why do we no longer treat mental illness in this country?
    This

Most people that are successful in suicide have friends or family that say they new something was wrong but always after the fact. Suicide hot line saves lives. Mental illness is at the source and also the source of much of the homeless on the streets

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    I can’t believe some of these responses… I hope none of you have to ever deal with a loved one or friend taking their own life. I hope someone is there to stop them…
    I’m sure you are right, as is Birddawg above. But then you have no idea as to the circumstances some have gone through growing up that may well have given them a different perspective on things that you’ve never experienced.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

"Just remember son, there is always someone, somewhere who's got it worse than you do" Dad, 1986-????
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 02-11-2022 at 11:49 PM.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    id say a failed suicide is a call for help. it aint that hard to off yourself if you put your mind to it. no clue on efficiency stats for suicide attempts
    A girl I went to high school with killed herself when we were in the 11th or 12th grade. I remember afterwards we had to have some class discussions and such. I don’t remember the exact numbers but basically women have a much higher rate of failed suicide attempts whereas men were typically successful the first attempt ( successful may be a poor word choice but not sure what else to use). The grief counselor they brought in to lead the discussions basically said that most time with women it was more for attention/a cry for help and most recovered to a better mental state afterwards
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 02-12-2022 at 05:56 AM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

What about the terminally ill that don't want to go thru the pain and suffering, fruitily of treatments ,money spent on a lost cause and loss of control?

Quote Originally Posted by tsigmon View Post
    What about the terminally ill that don't want to go thru the pain and suffering, fruitily of treatments ,money spent on a lost cause and loss of control?
    That’s slightly different, in my eyes, than someone sticking a Glock in their mouth, or stepping in front of a bus who is not terminally ill.
    Last edited by smitch320; 02-12-2022 at 07:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I've had more friends and acquaintances than I care to discuss take their lives. I have a son that tried. I am thankful for everyone that takes a stand to try to prevent this.

A co-worker does a lot of work in post-traumatic-event counseling. He has had the opportunity to interview a lot of people that tried... and failed... to commit suicide. A telling thing is that EVERY person interviewed that tried by jumping from a bridge and survived said the same thing... They regretted it as soon as they were over the side.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Job well done, in my opinion....and Lord I pray if anybody I love finds themselves in that position there is someone there to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    A girl I went to high school with killed herself when we were in the 11th or 12th grade. I remember afterwards we had to have some class discussions and such. I don’t remember the exact numbers but basically women have a much higher rate of failed suicide attempts whereas men were typically successful the first attempt ( successful may be a poor word choice but not sure what else to use). The grief counselor they brought in to lead the discussions basically said that most time with women it was more for attention/a cry for help and most recovered to a better mental state afterwards
    We are taught at work that this is because most women use methods such as pills and wrist cutting where as men use more instant methods such as guns and hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    I can’t believe some of these responses… I hope none of you have to ever deal with a loved one or friend taking their own life. I hope someone is there to stop them…
    Some of what is expressed here doesn't surprise me at all, and I'm with you, bet they'd change their tune quick if they had to deal with it themselves. Here's a thought that might resonate with some of you, who do you think has to foot the bill to recover the jumpers body?
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

I am taking my dog in tomorrow for his final solution. I would be fine with being solutioned if I were hooked up to some machine keeping me alive. Hell, they could sell tickets to be the one to pull the cord for all I would care...

Tough news Jab. Been through it too many times. Sorry man.

I am taking my dog in tomorrow for his final solution. I would be fine with being solutioned if I were hooked up to some machine keeping me alive. Hell, they could sell tickets to be the one to pull the cord for all I would care...
    I’m sorry! Been there twice. It sucks. Cry like a baby sucks

On topic,
    I had an uncle die due to gun shot, no one really knew what he was going through. It’s selfish as hell, but he was not in his right mind and we don’t believe he would have put us through that misery purposely.
    Go Tigers!!!

It is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I read something that once someone decides that they are going to take their life they usually attempt it within two minutes of making that decision. To try to reason why someone would do it is impossible because if you think it is irrational then you don’t have the thought process that they have. A rational person would never make that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    "Just remember son, there is always someone, somewhere who's got it worse than you do" Dad, 1986-????
    "perspective"
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I've unfortunately been been acquaintances with several people that committed suicide...several hung themselves, one jumped off the Cooper River Bridge, one shot himself. Although I was nothing more than class mates or connected by mutual friends, each one had an impact on a lot of people I do consider friends and the conversations that occurred after the deaths saved other lives. I saw a kid put a gun to his head and pull the trigger in high school...it's been 30 years and I can still remember it like yesterday and I am sure all that were present that morning remember it as well.

This was a very hard thread to read.

More family and friends than I care to recall have taken their lives. Every one of them meant to do it because it was done in ways there was no coming back from.

If there is anything that can dissuade anyone from suicide remember someone that loves you will find your body, and someone you love has to clean up your mess and this will be their final memory of you. That person would much rather talk to you than find pieces of you scattered around their living space for months and years.

It's taken me decade(s) to even get to a point of where I can get to a place to consider forgiveness.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 02-14-2022 at 09:17 AM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton