Thread: Veterans hunt 5 Feb.

Default Veterans hunt 5 Feb.

I did 2 hunts yesterday. Haven't hunted all day in years. I've come to realize that's exhausting!
    Had a 92 year old Vet that could only hunt in the AM. Tide sucked, but I told him we'll get him some ducks.
    The wigeon were thick. Reverse migration is in full effect and we picked up a shit ton of birds last week.
    He served from 1945-1950 in the Army
    7EE51BB6-0794-4BCB-A881-FA4560806AF9.jpg
    At times we had a couple ducks in front of us
    C577D85D-E971-499D-9687-A4BF04E5DE73.jpg

Tide was awful and I knew we'd be stuck. Had second hunter meet me at ramp at 1230 for a afternoon flood tide hunt. Actually floated boat around noon so barely made it.
    20 year old Active duty kid. Packed my entire bull out of a shithole 2 years ago, because I made some excuse of my knees hurting. His dad was my first roommate when I joined in 1987
    Put him in the solo blind and I sat behind and pulled on the jerk string and called. Hunted til LST of 1731. Home by 1810. Tired! Successful day for all!
    1EE684C5-49DC-4147-940A-1060A334D300.jpg
    The smile says it all. His second duck hunt.
    D61EE765-8585-4986-B139-B58ED1BB9F7A.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

If I make it to 92, I want to be that dude.

Awesome! Nice work.

The teal has facial markings of a common/euro/Aleutian……is it?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    The teal has facial markings of a common/euro/Aleutian……is it?
    Good eye. I don't think so. Same size as a normal gwt. I've seen the white streaks on gwt before, I assumed he shot one in taxidermy season.
    I kept the birds because he lives in barracks and doesn't have kitchen access.
    Just ran out to garage and took pics.
    E4238B8E-6639-4970-B565-7830CE86E26F.jpg
    920C0B7F-C2FE-474E-8DBA-36CBD7FEAD1D.jpg
    D2C60F0F-74F3-4F9C-AC68-251270663DB8.jpg
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Great work!

No white streak in front of breast is a definitive clue it's not a normal copper top.
    2 buddies have also called it an Aleutian or Eurasian. Neat. Good eye Bog, I would of never given it a 2nd thought.

I been tellin y’all for years, I’m smarter than the average bear!
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Awesome!! Congrats to that gent for being able to go at 92. I'm hoping I still go when I'm 62..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Yessir that's a fine day.

That's awesome, I bet that was indeed an exhausting day.

Looks like that old timer had a fine choice of firearm. Wanted to take my SP out last Saturday but gave most of my 12ga loads to my nephew so he could hunt as he couldn't find steel available anywhere nearby, so I took my 16ga instead.

I know you're a vet too, so obviously you chose the role of being a guide for the day. That's cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I been tellin y’all for years, I’m smarter than the average bear!
    That's called being a fuckin nerd

You’re a nerd. Nerd.