Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hash recipes?

Default Hash recipes?

I'll be slaughtering two hogs next weekend, and as much as I'd like to make pudding, I just dont have enough hands, nor the proper kettles.

Anybody care to share a hash recipe that uses offal? I dont care much for the strictly meat based variety.

it saddens me to see this thread be so lonely.
    surely someone can help.

curlee--PM saltynut. he dont come round here much but he gave me some hash over the weekend. I've yet to make rice or even heat it up and about half of it is already gone....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Define a proper kettle please sir.

I can be talked into loaning one or two out in exchange for some puddin.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

This meal died with my Grandma. Man I miss it and can still taste it.

Someone post something decent up.

I'd also like to see a recipe for hash. I've never made it but would like to give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    it saddens me to see this thread be so lonely.
    surely someone can help.

Bc no one is giving that secret up.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Define a proper kettle please sir.

I can be talked into loaning one or two out in exchange for some puddin.
    Just a big cast iron kettle. We set them over hardwood fires to render lard and make puddin. Hardest part anymore is finding anyone interested in doing an old fashioned hog slaughter. It's alot of damn work. I ended up tossing all the good parts unfortunately. I did get two quarts of snow white leaf lard though.

My dad still makes it and he got the recipe from my mom's Uncle so it is an old recipe. I could probably ask him but I'm not totally sure he is going to give it up. Still hasnt told me. I know it takes him about 2 days to make it

Butchering a hog isn’t too bad. Got all the equipment and know how. Be glad to assist someone wanting to learn. Liver pudding and all. And don’t put no damn ears, jaw bones or feet in my head pot.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Hardest part anymore is finding anyone interested in doing an old fashioned hog slaughter. It's alot of damn work. I ended up tossing all the good parts unfortunately.
    You'd be surprised.

Hollar next time, I have a few kettles and pots.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Made one one time. Very time consuming.

I dun gots lazy and just smoke all my pork.

Not sharing a recipe is pants on the head stupid...
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Everything that doesn't go on the grill, goes in the pot. Then some good sweet onions, tomato sauce or paste, ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper, and a little sugar. Sugar helps cut the acidity of the tomato. Boil all the meat, fry onions until translucent. Grind everything, add other ingredients, add pot liquor until the correct consistency.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Not sharing a recipe is pants on the head stupid...
    I have always thought so. However, type of people who have worked to perfect something that takes as much time, expense, and effort as a good hash are getting tired of everyone looking for something to be handed to them. Duckman shared his once upon a time. It is here somewhere...

I will look for that JAB. I kinda understand the recipe thing, moreso if its sold commercially. Fuzzys post helps, the biggest thing is finding a starting point, and adjusting from there. I absolutely hate trying to build a recipe from scratch (especially with ingredients that dont come around easily), only to find it inedible or nowhere near the intended outcome and have to throw it away. I've experimented enough in the past with summer sausage and deer jerky recipes only to have to toss it or get freezer burnt for lack of wanting to eat it. One thing about raising your own food or killing game with sole intention of consumption is it's really painful for any of it to go to waste. Unfortunately I did just that for lack of trying this go round....

Yeah. You need a small group of families to share each animal's raising and slaughter. I can't see it working realistically any other way if your family isn't Sportin's. That lot could probably consume a rhinoceros a week.

Once the power goes out, it won't even be a question...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I have always thought so. However, type of people who have worked to perfect something that takes as much time, expense, and effort as a good hash are getting tired of everyone looking for something to be handed to them. Duckman shared his once upon a time. It is here somewhere...
    It's all the same recipe. If it was worth protecting others from stealing it and selling it then they would patent it and sell it.

Saltynut makes one so simple and good it should be illegal. But I ain't tellin' anyone what's in it.

Hint; its got meat.

Check your PM's
    GREAT PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.
    AVERAGE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THINGS.
    SORRY PEOPLE TALK ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE.

SRS GRHRCH UH BOBO MNH
    2009 MID ATLANTIC RETRIEVER CHAMPION
    2009 HUNTSVILLE SRS CHAMPION

HRCH UH WOODY

Much thanks, TARBABY